Verizon's Breech of My Purchase Agreement
DSClifford

I have an issue that cannot be resolved by any of the multiple CSRs I have spoken with, even though this is a blatant breech of a purchase agreement I made through an authorized agent of Verizon Wireless.

My family and I have been with Verizon for several years. I recently purchased a new phone through Best Buy, renewing my two year contract. When I ordered the phone, I chose the option " keep my existing plan ", with which I had unlimited data. I have screen shots of this option chosen during every step of the process, and a receipt showing the same. The receipt blatantly says "KEEP MY EXISTING DATA PLAN". 

When I picked up my phone, Verizon had changed my plan's data allowance to a ridiculously lower amount, for the same price. Despite the fact that what I agreed to, and believed I was purchasing, was not met by Verizon, I have basically gotten a big "screw you" from every CSR I have spoken with. I have never considered switching carriers, I really enjoy Verizon's service, but this blatant disregard for my purchase and agreement with one of your authorized agents is ridiculous, leading me to consider my other options, if for nothing other than the principle.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon's Breech of My Purchase Agreement
Not applicable

Please, did you pay full price for the device? If the answer is no, you gave up unlimited data by getting a reduced price phone.

Secondly, Best Buy cannot get your account to keep unlimited data even if you paid full price. Only at a Verizon wireless corporate store. You went to a reseller.

Verizon did not breach anything.

Next time research before you purchase.

Good Luck

0 Likes
DSClifford

There was nothing to research, it plainly says "keep my existing data plan". Same thing on the receipt I got after I paid. Nothing else was signed except to say I picked up my phone. No other paper work was given to me. This was the agreement I purchased. Nothing else. Verizon has authorized best buy to sell their services, so if Verizon isn't bound to me for the agreement I made with best buy, why am I bound to Verizon for the agreement I made with best buy? Screenshot_2014-04-10-15-12-25-1.png

0 Likes
Not applicable

Best Buy is an authorized reseller. However it states on your screen shot to contact Best Buy and not Verizon Wireless.

You have an issue with them and not Verizon wireless. I see you took a subsidized device, the upgrade fee is listed however its $30 at Verizon not $35. The activation fees at Verizon is $35 but if all you did was upgrade your device, the cost of the phone say is $199.00 + $30 upgrade fee plus taxes and surcharges.

However you lose unlimited data on Verizon wireless unless you pay full price for your device at a Verizon wireless corporate store either outright or with the device payment plan.

Do not use edge, you again lose unlimited data.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Not applicable
0 Likes