frustration from phone replacement process
siruisherry

my phone got stolen last week so i went to verizon store tried to get a new phone. Sales told me that because i didn't buy the insurance i can only buy another phone with full retail price (i replaced my phone once before due to its technical problem, and i recalled that the sales had asked me if i want insurance and i said yes and my friend was with me and she heard as well. so i assumed that my insurance was been placed and i didn't check it online again. Last week when i lost my phone i was assuming i can get a new one since i had the insurance...)

but without any other solution, i agreed to buy another phone, and the sales said that i can call the costumer service and see if there were phones with discounts. i called and paied a S4 through the phone with over 400 dollars. that was last Friday and with the two-day shipping, i was supposed to get my phone on Tuesday.

However i didn't receive it on Tuesday. at first i assumed that it was still on the way or just arrived in the post office because my bank account had shown the transaction is cleard. i waited until Thursday and i called to check. (i called twice since the first one took me over 30 min and i had to go to work).In the second call, first they the order failed to be placed and i need to place another order and pay again. i told them the money had been transferred and after waiting for another 5 min, i receive the answer that there was a system error and my order had been placed on wrong status and they proceed a refund for me...

i told them i just want the phone and can you instead give me refund, just use that money and place me a new order? they said it has been proceed and i could only wait for two business days.

i chose to pay again instead wait until i get that refund. and i asked them was there a faster way for me to get my phone? the answer was overnight shipping and i can get it by Friday 11am, but with 14 dollars. i questioned them since it was verizon's fault and i have wasted my entire week shouldn't you just ship it overnight to me? they said they couldn't but there was someway to reduce or anything (i couldn't remember because i was really upset that time)

after everything been settled they applied a compensation for me for 30 dollars (yes...30...)

today, i checked my mailbox at 12 and i got nothing! i went online to track my order and it only shown that 'it's in process and please check back tomorrow.' where the overnight shipping goes then?!

i am still upset now... there are few questions and points i want to point out:

1. the reason i need my phone back so bad is because i am still a college student and i just applied a credit card, i need to use my number and call to activate my card

2. they said i should receive an email when anything happened to my order status. but the truth is i didn't receive anything. if i just kept waiting i would never know that something went wrong

3. the refund process started last night when i made the phone call. if i didn't call, would i never get my money back?

4. when i questioned if that's verizon's fault, they said it was neither my or particular salesperson's fault, it was a computer error (computer's fault?)

5. after wasting a week and spend another bill over 400 dollars (without getting my previous bill refunded) and not getting my phone still, i don't know what else i can say... (that's a huge amount for a college student)

6. can the verizon website please have somewhere for us to file a complain?

sorry if this annoys anyone or makes some people feel unnecessary, there's nowhere i can go and the verizon won't accept my fellowing (so i can send them a private message). also i hope this can be an alert people that after every time when we make actions, go check the internet see if the they have been placed. if i have checked earlier and make sure i have insurance, this won't happen.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: frustration from phone replacement process
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I am confused as to why you did this all over the phone instead of purchasing a full retail phone in the store when you were there. You would have been able to walk out with an active phone only paying once.

siruisherry

there was a discount of nearly 100 dollars.... that why....

0 Likes
Not applicable

First off cancel both amounts paid and do as the other poster stated. Go to the store.

Tell the bank what happened and they will recredit your account.

Never ever order anything from verizon over the phone.

Go to the corporate store and get your device.

Good Luck, Elector

0 Likes
Not applicable

What good is a discount when you paid twice and have nothing but grief for your trouble?

Good Luck,elector

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I get the $100 difference and if you want/need to pay $400 for a device I would suggest the LG G2. It is $400 full cost and just as good as the S4.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

siruisherry,

I am so sorry to hear of the issues you had while trying to get your device ordered and shipped. I want to make sure we get a device in your hands. Please private message me so we can get this taken care of. I look forward to hearing from you.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
siruisherry

can you approve my following? or can i send private message without following you?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry about that, I have sent you a Follow request, siruisherry! Just accept it, and you should be able to send me a DM.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes