how do i unlock my samsung galaxy nexus?
leggs39
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I unlock my galaxy nexus Samsung?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do i unlock my samsung galaxy nexus?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

leggs39 wrote:

Thanks for getting back to me.Yes I am looking to unlock to use with a third party SIM.

The Galaxy Nexus isn't global ready and never can be unlocked.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can definitely help with your Galaxy Nexus options, leggs39. But to clarify, are you needing help with the password/unlock screen of your Nexus or are you hoping to unlock it for use with a 3rd party SIM? We'll be looking forward to more details.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The 700 MHz frequency for the Galaxy Nexus phone is most likely already unlocked as it was required by law to be so. Unfortunately no other carrier uses that frequency and the remaining  CDMA radios on the phone can't be unlocked either. The CDMA radios aren't compatible with other carriers too.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
leggs39
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for getting back to me.Yes I am looking to unlock to use with a third party SIM.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

leggs39, No problem. We want to confirm that you are using a Verizon Wireless device. Also, are you planning to use the phone internationally or with a different provider? The more specific details that we have can help us provide the best solutions.

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

leggs39 wrote:

The Galaxy Nexus isn't global ready and never can be unlocked.

0 Likes