I receive a "Server Error" message when trying to refresh or send email from AOL email accounts only. Cannot send or received AOL email from my LG Revolution.
DorfanDan

I cannot refresh, send ro receive emails for my AOL accounts only.  I have tried rebooting several times.  Please provide solution.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I receive a "Server Error" message when trying to refresh or send email from AOL email accounts only.  Cannot send or received AOL email from my LG Revolution.
vzwuser001
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you are using the built-in email app, it was discontinued by Verizon recently for the Revolution and other older phones.  In the support they mention the alternatives are downloading another email app or accessing email via a browser.

From this article:

"The Mobile Email app, formerly available on the devices listed below, was retired on 3/28/14. If you have one of these phones, you'll no longer be able to send and receive emails using the Mobile Email app."

Mobile Email App on Older Phones Discontinued on 3/28/14 | Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I receive a "Server Error" message when trying to refresh or send email from AOL email accounts only.  Cannot send or received AOL email from my LG Revolution.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DorfanDan,

We want to make sure your AOL email account is running again! Are you using the factory email application for your AOL accounts? Do you have issues with any other email accounts on the device that are working properly? Have you tried to remove and readd the email accounts. Keep us posted so we can make sure your concerns are resolved.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: I receive a "Server Error" message when trying to refresh or send email from AOL email accounts only. Cannot send or received AOL email from my LG Revolution.
vzwuser001
Enthusiast - Level 2

Looks like support for the email app on the Revolution and other older phones was dropped by Verizon.  In the support they mention the alternatives are downloading another email app or accessing email via a browser.

From this article:

"The Mobile Email app, formerly available on the devices listed below, was retired on 3/28/14. If you have one of these phones, you'll no longer be able to send and receive emails using the Mobile Email app."

0 Likes
vzwuser001
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you are using the built-in email app, it was discontinued by Verizon recently for the Revolution and other older phones.  In the support they mention the alternatives are downloading another email app or accessing email via a browser.

From this article:

0 Likes