Ineligible device credit .. ??
wparits
Enthusiast - Level 2

What is this?  And why is there nothing found about this in the Verizon FAQs? It's like the terms are made up as they go along. Would love to be able to read the terms and/or fine print somewhere, but they don't seem to exist. I have yet to get 2 customer service reps who give me the same answer. Would love to get an official response from Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ineligible device credit .. ??
laceywaters
Contributor - Level 1

The ineligible device offer is an offer or promo available to certains customers. I was offered this last yr. I got $300 dollars off a 4g device at full retail price. It is a REAL offer. I was able to get the Moto Droid Razr for basically free I just had to pay $30 for upgrade fee.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable
0 Likes
wparits
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went to that link, thanks. According to the search function of my browser, the word "ineligible" does not appear in the text on that page. Any other suggestions on how I might find out about this mysterious offer? Surely the terms exist in writing somewhere.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The official response has arrived, wparitis! We actually have our terms and conditions listed online. Here you go...http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/globalText?textName=CUSTOMER_AGREEMENT&jspName=footer/customerAgr... Have a great day.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
wparits
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi ChaunceyM and thanks for your response. Would you mind clarifying, please. I followed the link you provided, but I see nothing on that page about an ineligible device credit. I even did a search with my browser and there were 0 results for "ineligible" and 10 for "credit". None of the references to credit were relevant to my question, though. I'm simply trying to find the terms of what Verizon calls the "ineligible device credit". Do they appear in writing anywhere or does Verizon make them up on a case by case basis? Thanks for your continued assistance with my question.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is the context of this "ineligible device credit"?  Ineligible ... for what?  Upgrade? I don't know that I've heard of it and I've been a VZW customer for a lot of years (14+)  Is this a credit you are trying to get applied to your account?  What are the circumstances?

0 Likes
Not applicable

I believe in a trade in. You know how they say from $100-$300 device credit when you trade in an old phone.

Some folks say they were told they get $100-$300 but are told after they trade it in that they get zero money or a much smaller amount.

I think this is what the OP is referring to.

But I could be mistaken.

Good Luck, Elector

0 Likes
wparits
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi SuzyQ,

I have 3 lines of service on my account. Mine was out of contract last month and Verizon knew I was shopping around. My other two lines each had over 1 year left on their contracts, so I was somewhat stuck.

VZW offered me an early Edge upgrade on one of my lines and for the other line, a $300 credit off of full retail price of any 4G phone. (It was a 3G phone and for whatever reason that line was ineligible for an early Edge upgrade).

I talked with AT LEAST 6 different people at VZW (800 922 0204) in regular customer service and the "loyalty department" and got fairly consistent information on that $300 credit until I committed to go for it. Then the rules / terms started changing. It was called both a coupon and a loyalty offer but it seems the proper name for it was an "ineligible device credit". Whatever it is, there doesn't seem to be anything about it anywhere in writing.

I had never heard of it before either. It wasn't a trade in program. My daughter got to keep her nearly new device AND this new device I just purchased. I'd like very much to know what the terms are, if any .. or if, as it seems, the terms are made up on a case by case basis. VZW - Does it have another name, maybe? Why is there nothing to be found anywhere in the FAQs or elsewhere about this offer?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wparits,

Sorry if the information was not provided in the link given. I want to provide you the information regarding to the offer you are speaking of. Please private message me so we can speak of this in detail. I look forward to hearing from you.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
laceywaters
Contributor - Level 1

The ineligible device offer is an offer or promo available to certains customers. I was offered this last yr. I got $300 dollars off a 4g device at full retail price. It is a REAL offer. I was able to get the Moto Droid Razr for basically free I just had to pay $30 for upgrade fee.

0 Likes