Want to pay off Verizon EDGE phone 100% and yet still can't get out of Agreement??
wkd_drgn
Enthusiast - Level 2

My fiance was talked into getting on the EDGE plan and apparently not many employees know the rules behind the actual Agreement.  They told us originally he could get on the EDGE plan and when we were ready we could combine our accounts, I am not under the EDGE program btw.  So when it came time when I was ready to add him under MY account they said we couldn't because he had the EDGE plan.  So they then said we could buy out the EDGE Agreement and combine the accounts then.  The associate told me to "think" about it though and also to wait til the 8th when my cycle ended.  Well, I went into another Verizon store yesterday because it was the only time our schedules allowed for it during the time and was told that yes, we could buy out the phone and Agreement but we have to wait 30 days from when he got on the plan?????  If I'm not mistaken the FAQ's section on this website for the EDGE Agreement states we can buy out the phone (pay the entire amount) and be done with it AT ANY TIME.  Did I read that wrong or does Verizon NOT want $335 out of my pocket immediately?  I just want some answers, straight answers and the RIGHT ANSWER.  I'm tired of talking to reps and getting different stories and answers every time.  Let us please buy out this Agreement and get back on a regular 2 year plan so we can combine our accounts. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Want to pay off Verizon EDGE phone 100% and yet still can't get out of Agreement??
rcschnoor
Legend

While you may not be able to add him because he is on the Edge plan currently, you should be able to join his account since YOU are not on the Edge plan.

Re: Want to pay off Verizon EDGE phone 100% and yet still can't get out of Agreement??
Not applicable

It takes 30 days under your start and end dates of your account. That is a fact.

Why would anyone want to get an Edge Program if they are not going to keep updating to the latest and greatest device ?

Now because he decides the program is not what he needs he can pay off the balance, that is a fact. But do it just before his bill closing date.

Never should have gotten that plan to begin with. That is a fact.

And no I do not work for verizon wireless so please remember this is a customer to customer forum.

Good Luck

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

While the Edge program may not be for everyone, saying you should NEVER have entered into it is not much different than saying you should NEVER pay full retail for a phone. I assume YOU would not agree with that statement. If not, I don't see the reasoning behind saying you should NEVER enter into an Edge agreement. There is nothing wrong with paying full retail. If you can do so AND receive a discount on your line access fee, why should you NOT do so? After all, entering an Edge agreement is simply paying full retail.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
wkd_drgn
Enthusiast - Level 2

1. We did not know it was not a real Verizon store, when it has "Verizon Wireless" plastered in big letters all over it, well it's a tad bit misleading. Had we known at first it wasn't legit, we would have never stepped foot in the door. Lesson learned.

2. I did not sign up for the EDGE plan, my fiancé did and he did so without researching about it like I would have done. But he was desperate for a new phone cause he thought his Pantech Maurader was a piece of junk. However, I do not believe it was even that. After my research on the Android Operating System updates, I would say its the new updates that are junk. I am under the regular 2 year plan and am perfectly happy with my old iPhone 4 and my contract and the fact that I have to barely deal with situations like this, until now.

3. I want him under my plan because I get the better employee discount and we'd like to save money by having our accounts combined.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
jlmoreno911

Check with a real Verizon rep through the 800 number...your employee discount might not cover his line so the discount may not be as big as you expect...From my experience the discount is not for the whole bill, it applies to one line. I used to get 19% off through my employee discount but that only applied to my line, all other lines were not discounted.

0 Likes
jcoop269
Enthusiast - Level 3

jlmoreno911

that is not true as far as the discount goes....the Verizon company discounts are applied to the monthly access for the account, not each individual line.  for example, if your monthly access if for the 4GB Monthly Share plan, then you would receive the 19% off the $70 that that plan costs but still pay $30 per line for the phones if on edge or $40 if on the standard 2 year plan.......as for the Edge plan, yes it is 30 days before you can do anything but that surely beats ATT's NEXT plan as they make you wait the 12 or 18 months for the upgrade.  Also, if you read through this originally then you would know that the Edge started out as having to wait 6 months and they just changed it to 30 days so be happy about that and wait 30 days...it can't be that big of a deal.

0 Likes
wkd_drgn
Enthusiast - Level 2

All is okay now they let us get out of the EDGE plan anyway and were very helpful today so now we are combined under one account and I am happy again. Thanks all for your help!

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes