Verizon Edge with no discount!?!?! 4 hours of wasted time with customer care
snowiegurl28

So far my experience with Verizon has been far short of superior as it should be for the number 1 carrier in the nation.  I tried to open an account using the Edge program and did not qualify.  This was on the same day that the down payment for the Edge program became  available.  I called to determine why I was ineligible and try to find out if there was any way to become eligible and was told no and was told several times to just start a 2 yr agreement.  1 hour wasted when I could have just paid a down payment that day and none of these future problems would have occurred.  Fiance opened an account in his name on the Edge program for me.  I already had a prepaid account with a telephone number I wished to keep but was told in store that this would not be possible.  Account was opened with a new telephone number which I will refer to as telephone number A.  I contacted customer care and was informed that it would be possible to keep my telephone number  which I will refer to as telephone number B but was unable to do get it done at the time due to not having both of my phones with me.  30 minutes wasted as it should have been done in store the number transfer.  Was able to call back later and get my prepaid account with telephone number B added to my new account with my telephone number A.  We then proceeded to switch telephone numbers so that I had my original number, telephone number B, and then cancelled the additional line.  1 hr and 30 minutes wasted!!!  New single line plans come out and I chat in to change my calling plan to the Single line plan with 1gb of data for $60 and $50 with my Edge discount.  Chat representative changed my plan to the More Everything plan with 1gb.  This was not at all what I wanted as I'm trying to save money and I was hit with a huge bill.  Called in about bill got plan sorted out and am informed I no longer have the Edge discount because I'm using telephone number B.  I'm informed the Edge discount was applied to telephone number A and I can not have that discount using telephone number B.  This by the way took over 2 hours after I was informed by the customer care agent on the phone alot of inaccurate info.  I was informed the 1gb single line plan was a loyalty plan and I was not eligible until my account had been open for 1 year.  I was also informed that the Edge discount did not apply to the single line plan.  2 hours wasted After speaking with a supervisor I was still unable to have my Edge discount applied.  How can this be Verizon?  How can I purchase a phone on the Edge program, be given a discount and then have it removed simply because I wish to use the telephone number I've had for over 10 years?  I WAS NEVER ONCE INFORMED I WOULD LOSE MY DISCOUNT!!!!  I went from prepaid to the Edge program because I wanted a new phone and 4G and because of the Edge discount making it very close to what I was already paying.  I've wasted 4 hours on this when all of this should have been done in the begging.  If I had been able to put a down payment down I could have had my number then 90% of these problems I wouldn't be having.  You can't tell me there is no way to use my number and not get the Edge discount.  VERY UNHAPPY!!! 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Edge with no discount!?!?!  4 hours of wasted time with customer care
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello snowiegurl28!

I want you to be a happy VZW customer! Why don't I take a look into this for you and see what I can do OK? I've followed you in the forums. Please accept me, and follow me back. Then, please send me a Direct Message. I'll do all I can to get this straightened out for you!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Edge with no discount!?!?! 4 hours of wasted time with customer care
snowiegurl28

So ChristinaB_VZW replied to my post.  You would think I would get a little further help regarding my issue, correct?  WRONG!!!  I told her thank you for helping me and she asked me to reply back with my original message copied and pasted which I did on 4/8.  I waited until 4/17 and had not heard back so I responded back to her.  Still haven't heard anything from her.  Do they simply post on these forums so that customers have the appearance of receiving assistance so that in public it looks as though I've been helped when in actuality still nothing has been done.  I could understand if I was begging for a new phone or wanted $100's of dollars off my bill for no reason but I'm not.  I want the discount that I should be receiving as part of my VERIZON EDGE AGREEMENT.  This is the worst experience I've ever had with any kind of services for money.  I know one thing for a fact and that's one you are a customer you no longer matter.  So thank you ChristinaB_VZW for making Verizon appear to care about customer issues when in actuality they do not.  I will be sure to never recommend your services to anyone and to reference this issue and lack of customer support for that reason.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Edge with no discount!?!?! 4 hours of wasted time with customer care
Aquariusdiva83

snowiegurl28 Hopefully everything works out for you.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Edge with no discount!?!?!  4 hours of wasted time with customer care
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We truly apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused snowiegurl28, but I want to reassure you that we're ready & willing to help! We'll get right to work to see what is going on for you. Please accept my follow request and send a Direct Message to access the account.

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes