Samsung Galaxy S5 PreOrder question (shipping and order info)
arod412
Enthusiast - Level 3

Don't want to put this out there, but it seems the Verizon Live chat isn't available.

For those who preordered, when you check your order history, does it show your preorder and have you been billed?

I checked my order history, and it's empty. checked my email and looked it up by the preorder number, and i was able to get a status update (with no valid shipping info which i understand). Does anybody else order history does not show preorder transactions? As far as my bank info, i see a VZ balance of $.00 so i'm assuming that's my $249 charge that hasn't gone through yet, which i would guess its normal.

I'm not worried at all if i'm getting a S5, and i'm sure i will get one, but it's odd that there isn't any info besides the initial email that you get when you preorder.  I guess that is how it's handle...because it's PRE everything. (pre tracking, pre billing, pre order...pre history)..lol.

Happy tuesday!!

** please excuse any typos. I havent had my coffee yet. Smiley Happy ***

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 PreOrder question (shipping and order info)
dawktwenty
Enthusiast - Level 3

My card hasn't been charged the $249 either. Also, before (yesterday) if I went to order status it said expected ship date the 11th. Now it says "unavailable"

0 Likes
sifodyas
Enthusiast - Level 2

my order status says "Your order is processing. Your shipping details will be available soon."

and my credit card has not been charged yet.

I hope they ship it soon.  I will not be a happy camper if it doesn't ship by the 11th and the store have the phones available for purchase. 

0 Likes
TheQuicksilver

I was actually just doing the same. My order history is blank, but when I look up the order manually, it says:
"Your order has been shipped. You can track your shipment at www.fedex.com."

Except I haven't gotten any shipment notification yet, and the "tracking number" the page displays is actually my IP address (what the eff?). So, I'm really not sure what that's all about.

0 Likes
dawktwenty
Enthusiast - Level 3

Haha Mine says "we have received your order and it is in process"

dawktwenty
Enthusiast - Level 3

When did you guys preorder ? ^ I did on Saturday around noon.

0 Likes
arod412
Enthusiast - Level 3

hey dawktwenty, i preorded it 1am friday morning (i think..it was an hour after it was on verizonwireless website).

I think they are just trying to put some info on it, but they are really not helping by putting up bogus info.  I'm not worried, as long as i get it, its all good.

0 Likes
ScottWick
Enthusiast - Level 3

I preordered Friday evening. Spoke with an agent. Will ship Friday, arrive Wed 4/16.... No point of preordering. But who knows if she knew what she was talking about. She does work for Verizon.

0 Likes
TheQuicksilver

I ordered within minutes of it going live on the site.

Personally, I'm not on the "OMG WHY ISN'T IN GOING TO BE HERE ON THE 11TH!?! OMGWTFBBQ!!!" boat. Maybe it gets here on the 11th, maybe it doesn't.  Patience is a bit of a virtue, no? And on top of it, $9.37 says that you won't be able to walk into a store on the 11th and get the BOGO deal, which was what I was really after anyway with the phone.

Generally, pre-orders don't mean you're going to get it before anyone else. The phone launches on the 11th, officially. So that is likely when you'll get it in your hands. The pre-order is basically holding your place in line for the first run. You're saying "I'm willing to take the gamble that rather than walking into a store to get it, which might be sold out on day one, I'll take my chances on shipping." I'm pretty sure that at no point during this process has Verizon promised that the phone would definitely be in your hands on the 11th if you preordered. Other carriers did. If that's what you want, go there. In a way, it's almost good that Verizon didn't promise that, if they knew it might be a day or two after before shipments were fulfilled.

No doubt, Verizon sucks at communication. This much has been clear for some time. But people need to show a little composure of their own. It's just a phone. We are adults, after all, right?

0 Likes
ScottWick
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good for you and your virtues. However, the thing is, Verizon screws everyone over with their prices and contracts, so they at least owe us communication. Not to mention, AT&T is shipping phones out today for 4/11 delivery. You would think they'd be able to compete with that. I don't need the phone Friday, that is true, but Verizon should try and satisfy their customers once a decade.