Ok so after the "Black" update on my Lumia 928 the flash decides to stop working,
d4a1985
Enthusiast - Level 1

and yes I checked all settings and reset camera setting, ended up doing a hard reset and it started working again.... Only to go out again a couple days later, For a month and a half old phone I'm sure am dissapointed with this one so tell me Verizon, what should I do? Honestly I'd just like to swap for another one as it has other glitches too.... It doesnt have a scratch on it so please give me some guidance here!!!!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Ok so after the "Black" update on my Lumia 928 the flash decides to stop working,
d4a1985
Enthusiast - Level 1

And I've done several resets since then and no go, Anyone had this happen?

0 Likes
Re: Ok so after the "Black" update on my Lumia 928 the flash decides to stop working,
d4a1985
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anyone? Not even a Verizon Rep?

0 Likes
Not applicable

If it is under a year call 1-800-922-0204 or *611 and have them replace it under the manufacture warranty.

You will be getting a second hand so called refurbished like new device. Which may have problems worse than you have now. It's a risk.

Also before you return the old one take photos with a date and time stamp and pack it securely, make a copy of the return label (the postal service loses these quite often just search the forum)

Have the postal service place a postmark on your copy of the label, have them scan the bar code at the window or your life will be hell trying to prove the device was returned or that there was no damage.

Good Luck

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

d4a1985,

I am sorry to hear about the troubles you are having with your device. I am glad that you have done your due diligence to try and resolve the issue currently. If this issue has persisted past those steps, especially the hard reset, then at this time we would suggest a replacement. If you like we would be happy to reach out to you to start this process. Please follow me at TonyG_VZW and send a private message with your account information. We will get you in a fully working device in no time.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

d4a1985
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks to all of you, they did send me a B Stock "Like New" replacement but the flash works like a champ and it has no more problems than the new one did, sometimes it acts like im typing when i'm not and I have to shut it off and back on, and sometimes I go to unlock it and the home keys at the bottom light up but the screen doesn't, just usually have to give it a min or two and it whips itself back into shape, honestly I've worked for both Verizon and AT&T and have been an android guy for years. I'm really banking on Verizon pushing Windows Phone 8.1 to the Lumia 928 soon because if has half the improvements as Windows 8.1 did for my laptop ill be a happy camper. If it doesn't come I'm gonna complain like crazy about the issues above and hope I can swap back to Android on a new Galaxy S5.

0 Likes
d4a1985
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks to all of you, they did send me a B Stock "Like New" replacement but the flash works like a champ and it has no more problems than the new one did, sometimes it acts like im typing when i'm not and I have to shut it off and back on, and sometimes I go to unlock it and the home keys at the bottom light up but the screen doesn't, just usually have to give it a min or two and it whips itself back into shape, honestly I've worked for both Verizon and AT&T and have been an android guy for years. I'm really banking on Verizon pushing Windows Phone 8.1 to the Lumia 928 soon because if has half the improvements as Windows 8.1 did for my laptop ill be a happy camper. If it doesn't come I'm gonna complain like crazy about the issues above and hope I can swap back to Android on a new Galaxy S5. Verizon Wireless Customer SupportElector

0 Likes
d4a1985
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anyone know of any possible way that I can possibly swap back to an Android phone after I Just got this Lumia 928, I love the lumia and the fact that it will sync with all my device and has an amazing camera, but... WIndows store needs to find a way to add more options the their app store. They also need to make it compatible with other software and apps, Google Chrome, Newsstand, etc... The may be competitors but if I have the option on my WIndows 8.1 Pro Laptop then I think it should be available on my phone as well. And they need to come up with a different way to navigate through apps on the phone, if the one I want is at the bottom of my home screen I have to scroll all the way down to the bottom to get to it and it gets irritating after doing it the first 1000 times. Anyway can any Verizon Reps tell me of anyway to trade my new lumia for an android or at least give me an estimate on when Windows Phone 8.1 will come OTA for my phone???

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

d4a1985,

I am sorry to hear that your Windows phone is not what you expected. I would love to look into options to see if you can get a device of a different make or model. Please private message me so I can fully review your account for options.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes