When I try to charge the phone it says 'for faster charge use original cable.' How do I stop this?
myluv2drive
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just got my Note 3 late yesterday afternoon. When I try to charge the phone it says for faster charge use original cable and that is what I am doing. Even tried a different charger and it says the same thing so I have not been able to use my phone at all. Please help. I am going back to the store today when they open. Help!!!

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When I try to charge the phone it says for faster charge use original cable
000gina000
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, I have the same issue.  I called Samsung and they admitted this has been a problem for many others.  They are letting me exchange the charger and cable.  Call 1-888-987-4357.  They will send you a new (and different type) charger and cable.

HTH

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to help make it as easy possible to charge your device myluv2drive! Is this happening with the original charging cable itself or is this an alternate charger? Have you tried a battery pull since this started? Did this happen the first time you tried charging it? Any different response when trying alternate outlets?

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
000gina000
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, I have the same issue.  I called Samsung and they admitted this has been a problem for many others.  They are letting me exchange the charger and cable.  Call 1-888-987-4357.  They will send you a new (and different type) charger and cable.

HTH

0 Likes