Verizon Advertising is Misleading
Teag1

Verizon,

Your advertisement says in large print:  "Get 4 Galaxy S4 Smartphones FREE, plus a $200 credit".  Any reasonable person would interpret this to mean that the store will give the customer 4 Galaxy S4 Smartphones, AND a $200 credit.  I know that most will assume a two year contract is required.  However, the small print says you get 2 free and 2 for $99.99 each and get a $200 bill credit on the 2nd or 3rd payment.  Obviously, in the small print, the bill credit is meant to reimburse the buyer for the two $99.99 phones, so that the net effect is 4 free phones.  Clearly, the large print statement is FALSE.  Either your Marketing department does not understand the offer or prides itself on tricking customers.  Please change the ad or I will start sending these examples to the Better Business Bureau and other appropriate agency's. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Advertising is Misleading
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I was walking by an American Eagle store and saw a shirt and the tag on top of it said 50% off. I was probably about 20 feet away. I thought at half price I will get 2. At the register I found that it was Buy One Get One 50% off. At second look at the sign it was clearly sated but the 50% off was not false advertising. Small print has been around for years and we should have evolved far enough as a society to know about and look at the small print. Why are we complaining about this. This is not false advertisement. Is it possible that you misread and misinterpreted the ad? Verizon is very good about advertising.

15winter

Just spent 2 hours trying to get the new $45 plan website gave me an 800 number the message says to logon to verizon./everythingplan after looking I had to open a chat and was told to call a different 800 number after trying all the options I got a person who told me that i needed to pay $40 a month for my smart phone connection, and it's only $45 a month for unlimited talk and text so grand total $85 month switch carriers bye  bye Verizon

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi 15winter, 

I apologize for your frustration and I would not want to see you go. What features are you wanting? I would hope you reconsider your options because the value of our great coverage and service is worth you staying with us. Do you know about our 250 MB data plan? It is $55.00 plus tax. Do ou have access to wi-fi? If so, you can use data while connected to wi-fi to conserve your data allowance of 250 MB. Here's a link for more details http://vz.to/1eI3igs. If this is an option, contact us back or call *611 for more details. Please stay with us for these reasons http://vz.to/13N0B6O.

Thank you!

EdW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
staro
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello Taeg1 or anyone who is reading this.

The advertisement supposedly is not even for existing customers which is not any where on the advertisement.

It has now been 2 months and I was checking with a Customer Service Rep about the $100.00 credit for buying 1 S4 and getting one free with $100.00 credit and I am being told that I probably do not qualify because we did not add a line.

I was told before I bought the phones that we did and than I called last month about credit and was told we will still be getting it just have to wait. Now I call today and first I am told it should be on my bill in another month but the longer we talk the rep changed her mind and said she was mistaken and I probably wouldn't be getting the credit because I did not add a line. (she is looking into it). We had not been in a contract for about 6 months or so and would not have done this had the details been clear.

First had I just said thank you and hung up I would still be under the impression I would see the credit next month and second I have been told by three reps that I would see the credit.

It is sad to say the advertisement obviously did not even make since to the representatives selling the phones. I have always thought Verizon changed more than they should and no loyal rewards for even customer like yourself who have been with them for 12 years.

0 Likes