Note 3 Poor Service
Tumminello
Enthusiast - Level 2

Within the past few weeks I've noticed a drop in signal strength with my Note 3. When I first signed on at the end of last year, my signal strength was pretty good. But now its to the point where I average 1-2 bars and more often than not I cannot get any signal and dropped calls are becoming more and more frequent. Is it my device in particular that's messed up or is it the Note 3 in general? I've seen others with this issue at launch but I'm not sure if its still a current issue or not/ Is there anyone who's recently had the same issues? Is there a fix? Its really frustrating to be paying all this money every month for service that I cannot rely on.

Re: Note 3 Poor Service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good day, Tumminello! Dropped calls aren't expected to be a part of any Verizon Wireless customer's experience. You're asking some good questions about why this has been happening. I can say that I highly doubt this is a problem with your Note 3. The best way to confirm that is by using the device outside of your normal area to see if the situation is the same. If it is, then there my be a problem with the device.

Speaking of your area, what zip code are  you in? Do you find that service becomes particularly challenging in specific spots (such as home or office)?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
KPrevite
Enthusiast - Level 2

I posted yesterday that this is unacceptable.  People have paid good money for this supposedly top of the line phone.  I'm on my second Note 3 and it is doing the same thing.  No signal, no service and I have have tested in all areas with others who are getting reception just fine.  I'm in Downtown LA, this is unbelievable.  It is obviously a huge problem with the device.  What is your solution Verizon???

rwkhaus
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too have reported it to many different Verizon CS outlets.  All were just going in one ear and out the other.

I bought my Note 3 on opening day and to this day its not usable in my office in Anaheim Ca.  My S3 was fine.  my 7.1 tablet on Verizon gets good reception. 

My Note 3 Suck at reception...

Tumminello
Enthusiast - Level 2

My zip is 48116. My reception is terrible at work i go between 1bar and no signal. At home I got between 1 and 2 bars and occasionally get zero service. This is highly frustrating. I ported over from a competitor and paid good money for my handset and I'm already having issues.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rwkhaus,

Lets get to the bottom of this issue with your Note 3 so you can love your phone, even at work! It's strange to hear that your S3 had no issues and your Note 3 is. Have you had the SIM card replaced?

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Basicallyevolve
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also have Issues with Verizon's service as of late.

I have a Note 3 and my GF has a GS4 and we both have horrible service. It has gotten to the point that i can no longer make calls from specific locations in the building I work in which has become very problematic for me. I am now forced to go down the elevator and go out of the building to make phone calls as i cannot make them from my suite.

I also am in the LA area ( Glendale / Tujunga ) for work and home and i must say that I am very tired of this. Why should i pay a premium for cell phone service when my coworkers who have Tmobile have amazing service and no dropped calls like me. I have experienced so many dropped calls in the past month to the point that I am ready to throw my phone against a wall and move to Tmobile or AT&T. I am paying 100$ over what an AT&T or Tmobile customer would pay in a month and receiving crap for service and getting less data.

I think This will be my last Verizon Phone and that it is time to move to another carrier as I am not receiving anything extra for paying extra every month.

IT seems everyone in the LA  Area is having issues as most of us reporting the issues live near each other.

Tumminello
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, I have the original SIM that came with the Note 3.

0 Likes
Tumminello
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah I cant do this anymore - I'm past the point of frustration. I can't even hold a conversation on the phone in the comfort of my own home without losing signal and dropping the call - after losing signal twice we just gave up and said forget it. I need to get a technician out here. What does it take for them to deem service unstable or unusable in my place of residence and is that enough for them to give me the ok to switch providers?

msims898
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am so glad I found this forum. When I first bought my note 3 the service/signal strength was great...within a few weeks I noticed I couldn't make calls or get online n certain areas. I asked tech support and I was told it may be a finger print on the Sim card so they changed it..worked great for a few more days then went back to dropping calls and intermittent signal.  I visited tech support again and was told "oh yes that's a problem with the note 3"....really? Thats your answer..thanks for nothing...now in stuck with a phone I can barely use for another 18 months