Not Receiving Text Messages from iPhone users
Coachrack
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the past 5 days, I am not receiving text messages on my Samsung S4 from iPhone's. It shows delivered on their end, but I do not receive them! My entire family has an iphone so this is becoming a nightmare. Please help!

Labels (1)
Re: Not Receiving Text Messages from iPhone users
ponyruns
Contributor - Level 3

This fix should work for you, let me know

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/818894

Coachrack
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for that post; however, I have never had an iphone on this phone number. Brand new line, first phone was a Samsung. I have spent 4 hours on the phone and in-person with Verizon who have also stated that it is an Apple problem BUT we confirmed with Apple that my number is not on their server as being able to accept imessages.  Verizon was still unable to give me a solution yesterday AND the problem continues to occur (in fact, happened again this morning).

0 Likes
ponyruns
Contributor - Level 3

Oh ok, then ask your iPhone friends to make sure that their iMessages are set to automatically send iMessages as sms/mms whenever iMessage is not available.  Not that this will necessarily help solve your problem since you had been receiving messages up until a few days ago, but it is worth a shot.

0 Likes
Coachrack
Enthusiast - Level 2

My sister and I (and VZW and Apple) were on a conference call yesterday. Apple confirmed that her settings are accurate...then this morning...same problem! They show delivered on her end but nothing on my end. Her SMS/imessage settings are set up properly.

I am at my wits end with this issue as this is also used as a work phone and I cannot just not receive text messages
(and worse, not know about it because they show delivered on their end). It's easy to tell my family to look at their settings; however, with associates that is not the case. Verizon created an elevated or 2nd level ticket last night but no one is offering a solution. I just wish Verizon would show a little more concern with the situation that I am dealing with.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Coachrack,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I am sorry that you are having such an issue with text messages. Let's put this nightmare to reset ASAP. With your Samsung S4, if you have any threads in messages from the people you are not getting messeges from, please delete those from the phone. Let's also have the iPhone users delete the threads from you in their phones. Then re try to send and receive text messages. Have you been able to send messages to them and are they getting them? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Coachrack
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I have done this. I have asked the contacts (that I know about) to delete the thread as well. I have also had them contact Apple to open their own service ticket (per Verizon's direction…which is absolutely ridiculous as you are taking 0 ownership to assist your PAYING customer). To date, problem is not fixed. Apple has created a ticket. The problem still persists and again….my direction from the rudest tech support manager in the Sacramento, CA call center that I spoke to on Friday night basically said your only option is to have those contacts contact Apple themselves. Thank you for nothing! I will gladly be paying the $270 cancellation fee and going over to AT&T where they care about their customers. And once my husbands contract is up on his line and our Jetpack contract is up…we will be canceling those as well

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details Coachrack. Our last option is to lose your valued business. I'm pleased that you have been able to open resolution tickets with our system performance team. We utilize the same troubleshooting options here as we do in our other support teams. We are happy to take a closer look. Please send us a DM(direct message). We are following you now.

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes