How do Idelete voice mail messages from iPhone 5S?
fpcross
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cannot delete Voice Mail Messages from iPhone 5S.  When attempting to Delete Voice Mail Messages the message appears briefly in Deleted Messages, but then reappears in Voice Mail List.  Have upgraded iOS to v7.1.  Reset NetWork Setting and rebooted device.  Any ideas?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot Delete Voice Mail Messages from iPhone 5S
fpcross
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently had a new voice mail, listened to it and then was able to delete it. The previous voice messages were gone.  No other action was needed from me,  

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

Well when I get a voice mail on the 5s I listen to it then select delete.

I then go into the Deleted List and do a select and check off the ones I want gone or I do a clear all.

I then see them all gone. The messages should be gone for good.

I would do this, it will not hurt your phone or its settings or apps.

Hold down the HOME Button ( Large center button) and the POWER ON/OFF Button at the same time and keep holding them until the device does a reset.

http://www.wikihow.com/Hard-Reset-an-iPhone

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2618063?start=15&tstart=0

From the Apple support site: Quote:

Well, my voicemails have remained deleted now for over an hour. I've been visiting this discussion for well over a month and trying ever tip I've read. This is what finally worked: I allowed every voicemail message play all the way to the end of the message and then deleted it. It took some patience but so far so good. Then I went into my "deleted voicemails" but the "Clear All" button remained grayed out until I opened one of the voicemails. Then it became an active button and I was able to clear all of my voicemails.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is definitely odd fpcross! Let's get to the bottom of this. Once you delete the voicemail, close the application, launch the phone application again. Does it show up again? If so, delete the voicemail, scroll to Delete Messages, then Delete All (top-right).

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
fpcross
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried both of the above suggestions and still was unable to Delete any voicemail.  As stated in my original post, when I hit the Delete button the message is removed for an instant and then reappears in the Voicemail list.  The VMs never get posted to the Deleted VM List.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Fpcross,

Lets go ahead and give this a try! Please call *86 and delete each voicemail message from our Verizon Wireless voicemail system. Then go into your Visual Voicemail on the iPhone and delete them from there too. Keep us posted and let us know if that does the trick!

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
fpcross
Enthusiast - Level 2

Called *86.  There are no new messages...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking the time to provide this information, fpcross. May I ask how long this has been occurring? Has this occurred since the device was activated? Was your previous device an Apple iPhone?

YosefT_VZW

0 Likes
fpcross
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently had a new voice mail, listened to it and then was able to delete it. The previous voice messages were gone.  No other action was needed from me,  

Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there fpcross,

Thanks for the update. I am glad to hear that you are back up and running. Don't hesitate to reach out to us in the future if you are in need of assistance.

NicholasB_VZW

0 Likes