I won 64 dollars! Verizon64.com
NanCeeG

I got a phone call today from a recording telling me I won 64 dollars and it would come off of my Verizon Bill.  I did not go to the website.  I am sure this is a scam because I looked up the url in a dns registry and its not registered to verizon.  This wasn't a legitimate call, was it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I won 64 dollars! Verizon64.com
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

NanCeeG wrote:

This wasn't a legitimate call, was it?

no, it wasn't

0 Likes
DonJuan692006
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was a scam. A very good one too. The webpage they tell you to go to pulls from the actual Verizon site so it looks semi legit. The DNS entry was registered to someone in Spain yesterday.

0 Likes
d1hartman

Here's who it belongs to.  Not likely anything to do with verizon besides scam.

Domain name: verizon64.com

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
lafiero

I just got the same phone call too! It is a scam!

0 Likes
grammababe

I got a phone call on 2 of my phone lines that I won $64. Is it a scam?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most definitely a scam!

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jah0849

I just received this call, too (about 2:00 PM CDT).

The voice sounded like it had a slight Caribbean accent, but then it changed to a computer voice when it read the website URL.

0 Likes
BioDemGirl

Does anyone know if falling for this verizon64 scam has caused problems for anyone?  I tried calling Verizon first to see if it was legit before responding to it but I couldn't get through, I was on hold forever.  So I fell victim to it because it didn't ask for my full SS# or anything just the last 4 digits, I figured what harm could it do.  Can anyone do identity theft with just 4 digits?  Does anyone know what can be done to prevent damage once falling for the scam? 

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since the last four digits of a social security number are often a person's VZW password, having those digits can be harmful if in the wrong hands.  In other words, you should change your VZW password if you haven't already done so and be on the lookout for any unauthorized issues with your account.

0 Likes