Verizon Messaging Missing Messages
tstrmr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I use Verizon Messaging to text from my phone, tablet and web browser, and usually it works fine.

Sometimes, though, I get a message that only appears on my phone and won't appear (even after forcing a sync) on other devices.

Other times, I get a message that appears elsewhere, but NOT on my phone, even after syncing.

What's going on?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Messaging Missing Messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a very curious thing indeed, tstrmr! I agree that messaging should be consistent with Verizon Messaging. Can you tell me which device you use, and how long ago you added Verizon Messaging? Also, when did you first notice this issue?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
tstrmr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Droid RAZR HD MAXX, and I added Verizon Messaging around six months ago.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the clarification tstrmr! Lets solve this mystery and ensure that Verizon Messages is working properly! To correct any issues with the app, I would recommend Force Stopping the application from device http://vz.to/1lbAalW  . What kind of tablet do you have?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tstrmr
Enthusiast - Level 2

A Nexus 7.  The problem isn't with the tablet, though.  The message didn't appear in the web version of Verizon Messaging either.  It appeared only on the phone.    

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clarifying, tstrmr. Did the message on the phone come through the Verizon Messages app or the native app?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
bj1984
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I have the same issue. I do not receive all my text messages through the Verizon Messages web interface. I do receive all my text messages on my device (Samsung Note 3).

Generalmilk
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here, and I find the missing messages usually have non-English characters, such as Chinese.

By the way, the iPad version of Verizon Messages also has a serious bug. When you change your region format to non-English regions, the sent messages are totally screwed.

tstrmr
Enthusiast - Level 2

It came through the Verizon Messages app, although it does appear in the regular Text Messaging app.  I'd like to know how it made it to my phone without being captured in the Verizon Messages system for tablet and web viewing.  It had no special characters, by the way.  Just a few words of normal text.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to get to the bottom of this, bj1984. Is this only happening with original messages sent from the web interface of which the contact is replying? Are you using the native Messaging app on the phone as well?

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes