4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 12, 2014 6:49 AM by Don845 RSS

Don't do Edge plan, ever!

Don845

Hi, my daughter called to assume liability for her line, number, and phone. After I set everything up, at least twice now. She was told she cannot do that, we need to go BACK to the STORE, cancel the edge plan, get that refunded,( after the store has told us that can not be done) then transfer her line, re-purchase the edge program! This is one of the biggest cluster (removed) I've ever been party to! This has already been going on since she took this phone on "loan" (as the rep. told her) she is paying FULL retail price, for a loaner? On a retail agreement. All this after her "purchase" of her new phone. She gets sent home with the number for, Assumption and Liability dept.. Who then tells me we have to wait for the first billing cycle. Ok, we are at the first billing cycle, a month later. Now two days on phone, and a half day at the store, nobody can fix this, crap! So they added my daughters edge plan to my bill! I did not authorize this at all. So my bill is now $100.00 heavier. STAY AWAY FROM THE EDGE PLAN!! Now they tell me the only way she can takeover her line, is for me to pay off the edge plan! What (removed) Called my lawyer, he says I can cancel my contact as they are in breech. This is just the worst experience we have ever had with Verizon! Got me seriously thinking of going to sprint, or T- mobile!

Edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

• 1. Re: Don't do Edge plan, ever! It's all **!!
          Verizon Wireless Customer Support

I'm so sorry about this entire experience Don845. I know this is frustrating, especially for your daughter. Did you contact the store about the phone being a loaner  and not apart of the Edge program? I want to ensure this is resolved so your daughter can enjoy her new phone on her own plan and account.

KinquanaH_VZW
          Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

• 2. Re: Don't do Edge plan, ever!
            Don845

Yes, there IS NO resolution for this problem, per Tom at the store, 2544 South Rd., Poughkeepsie, NY. 12601, the phone number, (845)296-6250, which is useless as it takes you to the same 20 min. hold time to get a rep. at the the same 611 call center where they tell you they will forward you to another 10min. hold to wait for somebody at Assumptions and Liability's, who then after another 20 min. hold while they figure this out tells you they can't do anything with the edge plan attached to my daughters number. So, go to the store THEY have to fix this! And the store then says we can't do anything. Oh, but everyone IS SO SORRY. This sales girl should've separated the number first, but was to lazy to do her job PROPERLY, sold the phone and edge plan, which was mis-represented, took her commission, then sent my daughter screwed and packing. Now this is on MY plan, which was not authorized by me, only separation was! And still, NO RESOLUTION, you bet I'm frustrated, aggravated, when a sales person says they will do something, then they don't, intentionally dumping a massive headache on the customer! That's deceitful, that's a lie! It's incompetent, reckless, irresponsible, bait & switch, empty promises and lies, these are the people representing Verizon? Great! So, in short, the answer is, I'm screwed! There is NO way to fix this, and my daughter gave up a brand new I-phone 5, for this "special" plan, that she just paid full retail for. So this plan in one month has cost my family give or take about $800, and they act like they did me a favor like I'm crazy, when I went back to the store. Sorry, but I have lost all respect for you people, your company, given the situation, and being screwed and all. Yeah, a great place to be. Thanks for being "sorry" also, but as there is NO fix for this

• 3. Re: Don't do Edge plan, ever!
              Don845

Well, after many many more calls, I finally got the store manager on the phone. He doesn't care, doesn't have to fix anything! So thanks a lot verizon, you have (removed) me over real good!

From Mr. DT

Comment edited as required by the Terms of Service.

• 4. Re: Don't do Edge plan, ever!
                Don845

Well, after all my calls, and visits back to the Poughkeepsie store, (that caused all this), to no end. I went to the Verizon store in Fishkill. The store manager, Steve, and his asst. mgr.,Rita were more then pleasant, and we believe came to a conclusion to my delima. They set up a sub-account, which seems to be the solution. Now that was all that was needed, not 3 weeks of hours on the phone, or 3 wasted trips, travel time, and gas to the Pok. Store of incompetence, for nothing more then berating talk from the store mgr. and lies from his staff. To no end but frustration. The Fishkill store team, has kept me a customer, and I will go there any other time I have any "issues".

From Mr. DT

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.