My phone won't allow callers to hear me. I can hear them fine and everything else works
dj_smom

Any one have any suggestions to correct this problem? Or do I just find a garbage can? I purchased this phone in May 2013

0 Likes
Re: My phone won't allow callers to hear me. I can hear them fine and everything else works
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's not take it to the garbage can just yet!
We want to see what is going on, dj'smom. Does it work when you put it on speakerphone? You should also make sure the bluetooth is disabled. Matter of fact, what happens when you go through the troubleshooting steps for audio http://vz.to/1lnO9Iq?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: My phone won't allow callers to hear me. I can hear them fine and everything else works
dj_smom

Hi,

thanks for responding. Yes, the speaker phone works. Presently that is the only way I can accept calls. It has also stopped allowing me to swipe the screen to view incoming caller id.

Any other ideas? I went all of the trouble shooting tips you provided. I actually had done all before I had posted the problem.

(-:

Email info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
dj_smom

Why was this email removed as required by TERMS OF SERVICE? I don't believe I did anything wrong, unless I missed something?? Or are you saying there is nothing else you can suggest to help with this problem?

>>Personal information removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It was edited because YOU are including the previous email text and in the process exposing your email address to the entire world on this public forum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dj_smom

Obviously, it is not an issue to me. I am just seeking help to resolve the problem with my phone, if you are unable to do so, please advise and I will purchase a new one and look for a new carrier for the other phones on my plan and for myself as they become eligible for cancellation.

Thanks

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Possibly a bad microphone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dj_smom

Thanks for the idea, but what does one do in that situation? Is this something that can be fixed or do I just stat over with a new one?

Thanks in advance for your anticipated help.

0 Likes
dj_smom

I am just trying to resolve my issues with my Verizon phone, which is not working properly. I set up this email account for just this purpose. Can you either help by telling me if it is repairable or if I need to replace it and the other three phones on the account as soon as each becomes eligible.

Thanks

Email info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

If you purchased the phone new in May 2013 and there's no physical damage, then it should still be under the 1 year warranty.

Take it to a Verizon corporate store and have them take a look at it.

Also, be careful with your responses.  The way that you are responding by email is causing your personal information to show in the forums.  You don't really want to do that.

0 Likes