Any way to block spam texts like blocking a ph #?
katyabg
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there some way to block incoming texts addresses? Am I missing something? When I press on the text address, I'm not seeing a "Block" option, just the ability to Delete it.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Any way to block spam texts like blocking a ph #?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello katyabg,

We have a great option for blocking text messages. You can log on to My Verizon http://bit.ly/xB4iTc and block up to 5 numbers from calling & texting you for free. You can also block up to 20 email addresses, or select to block all web-based messages. This can help you manage your incoming texts, and ensure you are not receiving unwanted messages.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

SamZTB
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try the app called "Blacklist" in the Google Play Store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.baole.app.blacklist

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello katyabg,

We have a great option for blocking text messages. You can log on to My Verizon http://bit.ly/xB4iTc and block up to 5 numbers from calling & texting you for free. You can also block up to 20 email addresses, or select to block all web-based messages. This can help you manage your incoming texts, and ensure you are not receiving unwanted messages.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

There are a lot of phone/message blockers like the one above by SamZTB. Mr Number is probably one of the most popular. I personally use Call Blocker. You can set up White and Black lists and I just have it block all calls and texts not in my contacts list. The only thing I didn't like is that it nags you to buy it when you start or stop it. It was worth buying it to me though. Just do a search for call blockers. Many also include  a caller ID.

There are a lot, so good searching.

Pat

katyabg
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you! And, thanks to the other responses, too. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
lindade

I needed to know about my first bill...they have $46.00 charges which I was not told about..anyone know what this is?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

What does your bill say they are? Your bill will list descriptions of the charges. We can only guess.

Of those guesses, I would say a portion would be your activation fee. I believe Verizon charges $35 for an activation fee which normally shows up on your first bill. Another guess would be a pro-rated charge for your first billing cycle.

Your billing date rarely coincides with the date you initiate service. As a result, on your first bill, you would be charged for a full month of service AND the partial month from when you initiated service until your billing date. Your next month's bill would then be only for 1 month of service.Smiley Happy

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make it easy to understand your first bill lindade! Where are these charges listed under? Have you had the opportunity to view the complete statement(print view)? This version of the statement will provide a more detailed breakdown of each charge. Some of the charges on a first bill could be an activation fee. In addition, there are taxes and surcharges billed on every statement. Here is a link to assist you.

http://vz.to/Pil1oE

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
lindade

activation fee $35.00  surcharges 45.07 (charges the Government  charges verizon for this and that) plus one month advance etc.... Why I got to pay them for what the government charges them?  I already am paying Verizon for their service for internet and phone???? Thanks Linda

0 Likes
lindade

charged me 35.00 and 45.00 surcharges for the phone.....the other I posted was for the Internet....so WOW what a high bill.  Will these surcharges be every month?????

0 Likes