Annoying Text from Verizon
Krob929
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just had my phone replaced with a factory refurbished phone. It is the same exact phone as the one before it. Now I recieve a text message from Verizon that says, (Urgent) VZWNMN:1. I get them approx. 1 per hour, cannot block it, cannot reach tech support by phone. These text are very annoying I would really like someone to tell me how to stop these.

Labels (2)
Re: Annoying Text from Verizon
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Krob929 wrote:

I just had my phone replaced with a factory refurbished phone. It is the same exact phone as the one before it. Now I recieve a text message from Verizon that says, (Urgent) VZWNMN:1. I get them approx. 1 per hour, cannot block it, cannot reach tech support by phone. These text are very annoying I would really like someone to tell me how to stop these.

It is related to a mobile email app associated with your account. There are several other discussions in the Verizon Wireless Community forum discussing this. Try a search and see if the steps work for you.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Krob929,

We don't want you to have to keep dealing with these text. Let's put a stop to these messages. Are you still receiving the text messages? If so, please private message me so we can review your account.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

jims007
Enthusiast - Level 3

Me, too... 17 of these today.

Stupid, meaningless , like "VZWNMN-1"  I finally replied asking whoever it is to stop it already.

Ridiculous!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jimstinnett,

We want to make sure you are not being bothered by these text any more. Are you still having the messages being sent to your phone? Is it just your line getting these messages? If so, can you please accept my request to follow you and please request to follow me back. Once we are following each other you would be able to send me a Direct Message. http://vz.to/1fbIKzK

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
WiccanBlackheart
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also get them DAILY and soooooooooooooooo annoying

0 Likes