Do I need data for bluetooth calling?
chilesjoe

My Bluetooth  (Moto H730) or S-Voice says I need a network connection (data or wifi) in order to place a call. The bt works fine with the s4 connected to a wifi or data network. Is this a S-Voice problem? I would like to be able to use my bt without being connected to either a wifi or data network as I do on my company cellular flip phone. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bluetooth Calling
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chilesjoe,

Bluetooth calling is such a great feature. We always want to make sure that you are safe when driving. In order for S-Voice to work it does require a data connection. That is why it is asking you for that. We hope this clears up any confusion.

RobinD_VZW
VZW Support

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chilesjoe,

Bluetooth calling is such a great feature. We always want to make sure that you are safe when driving. In order for S-Voice to work it does require a data connection. That is why it is asking you for that. We hope this clears up any confusion.

RobinD_VZW
VZW Support

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
chilesjoe

Ok, so there isn't any other way to use a bluetooth headset with the S4 except with S-Voice?

Are there any 3rd party apps that will allow me to use the bt without having to have my mobile data running?

I'm concerned about battery drain in order to use my bt. I don't have the need for my mobile data running all

of the time so that I can make and answer bt phone calls. Seems like a silly requirement for that.

0 Likes
James425
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've used my Bluetooth for music (Google Play Music, Pandora, Netflix and more Apps)

I also used it for calls and it will also stop music/ and or other and start the call and when I hang up it will start playing what I was doing before the phone call.

It also works with Google Search/Google maps and all I have looked at.

I haven't used S-Voice yet so I can't answer that part, but Bluetooth does work with a lot of apps on the S4

0 Likes