How do I fix an "invalid SIM" error?
MartaGuinn

I just purchased and iPhone 5s yesterday and now tonight, it says invalid SIM and won't let me make any calls.  What is going on??  It is too late now for our local store to be open.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Invalid SIM??
jkmsc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm assuming you've already resolved this or went to a verizon store, but what you can do in a scenario such as this is shut the phone off completely. Hold the power button until it asks to 'Slide to power off'. Once the phone is completely powered off, use a paper clip to gain access to the SIM card slot, then re-seat the sim card in the tray, then insert the tray back into the phone. Then try turning the phone back on again, if it does not clear up then you'll likely have to get a new SIM card or a new phone so you would need to talk to VZW or Apple at this point.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Invalid SIM??
jkmsc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm assuming you've already resolved this or went to a verizon store, but what you can do in a scenario such as this is shut the phone off completely. Hold the power button until it asks to 'Slide to power off'. Once the phone is completely powered off, use a paper clip to gain access to the SIM card slot, then re-seat the sim card in the tray, then insert the tray back into the phone. Then try turning the phone back on again, if it does not clear up then you'll likely have to get a new SIM card or a new phone so you would need to talk to VZW or Apple at this point.

0 Likes