Can I use Verizon's outgoing e-mail server?
HansL

Hello:

I am presently using my email host's outgoing server, but they have problems (quite often). So, I assume I can use Verizon's outgoing email server, but I do not know what it is. I use SMTP at the moment, but may use IMAP later, so the names of both servers (and corresponding ports) would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Hans L

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: email outgoing server
Not applicable

You cannot use Verizon's servers. The email POP3 and SMTP are for their use.

Most times it is best to grab a free email app from the app store like GMAIL or Hotmail/Outlook and set up your pop mail to forward to those free email clients. In this case you get the email and you are using the SMTP server from GMail etc.

Place a mark in the settings to leave mail on server if you wish to retrieve from a home desktop or laptop.

Much simpler.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

You cannot use Verizon's servers. The email POP3 and SMTP are for their use.

Most times it is best to grab a free email app from the app store like GMAIL or Hotmail/Outlook and set up your pop mail to forward to those free email clients. In this case you get the email and you are using the SMTP server from GMail etc.

Place a mark in the settings to leave mail on server if you wish to retrieve from a home desktop or laptop.

Much simpler.

Good Luck

0 Likes
HansL

Okay, so I used my ISP (Time Warner Cable) SMTP server, and that worked on my hme network. But when I thrned it off (as a test) to send via the cell phone network, the email message did not go out. Since i use to email all the time from the road, I wonder what I changed to make this not work. Would you have a clue, Elector (or anyone)?

Hans L

0 Likes
Not applicable

What are my incoming (POP) and outgoing (SMTP) mail server addresses?:

If your email address ends with @twc.com:

POP Server Address: mail.twc.com

SMTP Server Address: mail.twc.com

If your email ends with @rr.com:

POP Server Address: pop-server-location(for example: nyc)-rr.com (Note: your individual POP server name will have the same ending as your TWC Mail address, i.e., username@nyc.rr.com)

SMTP Server Address: smtp-server-location(for example: nyc)-rr.com (Note: your individual POP server name will have the same ending as your TWC Mail address, i.e., username@nyc.rr.com)

Good Luck

0 Likes
HansL

Thank you!!!

Hans L

0 Likes
Not applicable

My pleasureSmiley Happy

0 Likes