Galaxy S4 with broken screen
rgw1130

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and I cracked the screen.  The phone itself still works but the screen doesn't and I can't see the screen to get to text messages, contacts, answer the phone, turn the volume down, etc.  I can still make and receive calls when using the bluetooth in my car.  I have received text messages since the screen broke and the reminder notification goes off every 2 mins and since I can't access the screen I can't turn the volume down or clear the reminder.  The only thing I can do is take the battery out.  Does anyone know of a way to clear that reminder or turn the volume down without using the screen?

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S4 with broken screen
Klue
Master - Level 1

The only way I know is to do a factory data reset using the button functions. That would put the volume back to when you first got the phone. 

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S4 with broken screen
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rgw1130,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear that your phone is broken. That is never a good thing to hear. We certainly want to find an option to help with this. With the status of the screen there are few options. The best route would be to try an alternate hard reset http://vz.to/1dJ9CFH. Do you have insurance on this device? Please fill us in so we can review options.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes