Why won't my Samsung S4 work with a UNITEL SIM Card?
SamsungS4-HELP
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Verizon Galaxy S4 that I cannot get to work with a local SIM card in ANGOLA. I was told my phone would work with an overseas sim card.  I need HELP.   My phone will not use an ANGOLA UNITEL sim card for data.  I believe my phone is still locked.  What can be done???   HELP

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung S4 Will not work with ANGOLA (UNITEL) SIM Card
SamsungS4-HELP
Enthusiast - Level 2

APN is what has to be changed.  APN stands for Access Point Name.

If you search for Angola UNITEL APN you will find several sites on line with the correct information you need to enter.

You enter the details under more networks in the settings menu, just keep digging until you find APN.

You do not need a rooted phone and all global phones are already unlocked.

It is very easy to do and should not have been difficult but it was.  Now that I know how, I hope others with similar problems will find this posting

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello SamsungS4-HELP, service where you need it most is what we strive for! To double check if the phone is unlocked for global use, you will want to contact our Global Team from an alternate phone at 908-559-4899 or from a landline here: http://vz.to/1dVlv98

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SamsungS4-HELP
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called VERIZON and was told the phone is unlocked.  But there is some setting that UNITEL has to change.  I do not know what that setting is and the response was unclear.  Do you know what UNITEL has to change on my phone?

0 Likes
snatale42
Enthusiast - Level 3

As long as Unitel uses frequencies that your phone supports it should work. I can confirm MY S4 isn't subsidy locked and I didn't unlock it. For data you would need to add their APN manually.

0 Likes
SamsungS4-HELP
Enthusiast - Level 2

APN is what has to be changed.  APN stands for Access Point Name.

If you search for Angola UNITEL APN you will find several sites on line with the correct information you need to enter.

You enter the details under more networks in the settings menu, just keep digging until you find APN.

You do not need a rooted phone and all global phones are already unlocked.

It is very easy to do and should not have been difficult but it was.  Now that I know how, I hope others with similar problems will find this posting

0 Likes