Droid Razr MAXX (XT1080) Signs out of Gmail whenever I lose signal
Joshua_P_Weir
Enthusiast - Level 1

Pretty much anytime I go through an area with no signal, my phone signs out of both of my two gmail accounts and Motorola ID. I get an obnoxious warning notification that says "Account Authentication Required" and I have to sign back into each account.

Each time this happens, I have to reenter my passwords for each of these. This even happens when I am on wifi at work and I go into a bathroom where there is no signal, or when I go to another floor where the phone has to switch from one router to another. I end up having to reenter my passwords repeatedly throughout the day, and I can't figure out how to stop this from happening. Any suggestions?

Labels (2)
Re: Droid Razr MAXX (XT1080) Signs out of Gmail whenever I lose signal
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Joshua, this a bizarre situation. We need to get this resolved. How long has this been going on? Did anything occur that triggered this to begin? Are you using the stock email app or did you download a third party application? Please provide me with a few more details.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

johnhans
Enthusiast - Level 2

His situation is not at all bizarre.  It is apparently happening all over the place after the KitKat update a couple of days ago.  It is also happening to me.  I have a Droid Maxx (not Razr Maxx).  I have three stock Gmails and they all sign out and need me to manually enter the passwords.  I also show that the "motorola services" password needs to be entered, which is my primary Gmail address.

0 Likes
johnhans
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't know if I can provide an outside link, but you can see here on the android forums that this problem is affecting many other people.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-maxx/354919-droid-maxx-account-action-required-poppi...

0 Likes
johnhans
Enthusiast - Level 2

I misspoke in my reply above.  It is not asking for "motorola services", it is asking for the Motorola Device ID

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi johnhans,

Thanks for the information! I understand wanting that to stop. Have you tried removing and re-adding the email accounts? Please go into Settings > Applications > go to the email applicatino you use and force close/clear cache. If you try this and other troubleshooting and it doesn't change anything, we can also try a full reset of the phone.

Elizabeth E.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
johnhans
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did not try this, but then again it didn't happen to me today, so I thought it might be something on Verizon's end.  Here is another possible clue....  When I am around town on pure wireless, I'm fine.  When I go home and it transfers to my WiFi and I lose wireless, I'm fine.  When I go to work and approach my building from the rear, I'm fine..  FYI, Inside my building I lose wireless and pick up my WiFi from my place of business.  Now here is the interesting part, and perhaps there is a clue to other peoples problems as well.  If I approach my building from the front, there is a Verizon network repeater near the front of the building.  This is the type that plugs into our LAN, but sends out Verizon's signal for cell phones.  As I recall, my problems occurred when walking in the front door, so perhaps the network repeater is jumbling up the passwords?  I only got this phone last week and my previous phone, a Samsung Galaxy Nexus never had this problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

johnhans,

Thank you for the additional information, we definitely want to get to the bottom of this. It sounds as though you have your Wifi networks saved on your phone and as soon as you're in an area within reach, it connects to wifi. All you have to do is go to Settings>turn off WiFi; you will see you keep your cellular data connection.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
B33
Legend

When you get home and your Droid Maxx Hooks to your Wi-Fi then it drops and or acts like it wants to disconnect, Go into your settings tap on your Wi-Fi to shut it off wait a few seconds and then tap it back on.. see how it does it may be what helps it connect and stay connected) One other thing I do once in a While and I'm with Cox cable I power off my Router then I unplug my Modem I then wait for about 5 min Replug in my modem I then wait from 2 min to 5 min to power up my Router I let both of them work together for and additional 5 to 10 minutes then I reconnect my Maxx to the modem..

Doing this on my stuff I have seen Good results in the speeds and staying connected longer between the Two Devices being that my Router and my Droid Maxx  so you might give that a Try..  Good Luck let me know if that helped or not b33

0 Likes
johnhans
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are correct that I have it automatically attach to WiFi in my building.  Your suggestion to turn off WiFi is absolutely absurd.  First because there is no Cellular data connection in my building.  Second, because why in the world would I want to burn up my precious limited data plan when I have free WiFi available.  This problem happened to me FOUR TIMES today!  I enter the building and all the sudden I see warnings popup that say "Account Action Required",  I have three gmail accounts on my phone and all three "lose" their password and I have to re-type each password manually.  It is ALWAYS gmail that has the problem.  My Yahoo mail is fine and syncs perfectly. 

This problem NEVER happened on my Verizon Galaxy Nexus.  It only started after I switched to the Droid Maxx