Why can't people respond to my MMS messages?
mamonyc
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi:

I've recently transferred from iPhone 5 running iOS7 to a Droid Maxx HD and am having issues receiving responses from my group MMS.  I've changed my apple ID and password, unregistered ALL devices from my apple account, contacted apple customer service twice, instructed my friends to make sure they've deleted old text threads from me and that they start new ones, which should have green bubbles, I had them delete my contact information from their address books, manually input my number and send as SMS thinking I could reply and have them save my contact info as new but none of that has worked. The only sure way is for them to turn off iMessage which is super inconvenient as I"m the only outlier of the bunch.

Am I missing something?  Is there anything more I can do other than go back to iPhone, which I really don't want to do as I quite like the phone and android OS, but I keep in contact with my family via these group messages so...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone to Android group mms issues
Forgotten224
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Answer is simple.. too simple.

What worked for me and may work for you also is, Send a text message to 48369 saying Stop.

They said to wait 12 - 48 hours but it started working mins after.

However, I missed and lost a lot of text messages between.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time with Group Messaging on your new Droid Maxx HD mamonyc. Let's figure this out. I see you've already done a lot of troubleshooting, which is great. Has the Group Messaging ever worked on your Maxx? Have you noticed if this works over Mobile Data? This usually only happens if your Mobile Data is off and only your WiFi is on. Please confirm Mobile Data is on.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mamonyc
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi.  Thank you for your response.  Data is on.  I tried a factory reset this morning and that seemed to help a bit, in those instances where the recipients had already sent text messages since I started using the Droid MAXX.  But others who have me in their phones as an iPhone user, I still am not receiving their replies, even when we create new threads. I'm getting the sense there's not a way to fix this mess that doesn't involve making everyone I've ever texted delete all their conversations, delete my contact info then re add me to their phone as a new contact.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for responding back mamonyc. There may be something else we can attempt to help out. I will be sending you a DM with additional information. We may need to reset a few things to get your phone communicating with the system from our end, we will need to work with you directly. I have sent you a Follow request, as well as a DM.

We look forward to working with you mamonyc. Thank you and take care!

0 Likes
Forgotten224
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Answer is simple.. too simple.

What worked for me and may work for you also is, Send a text message to 48369 saying Stop.

They said to wait 12 - 48 hours but it started working mins after.

However, I missed and lost a lot of text messages between.

Good Luck

0 Likes