Verizon & Asurion
djfader
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just want to say I will discontinue my service with Verizon because of this insurance program. If I am paying a monthly insurance fee and need to make a claim in which I am paying an additional $99, Then I should be able to walk into any Corporate Verizon Wireless location and get a replacement phone instead of suffering for days because Asurion cannot live up to thier word and have the replacement to you within 24 hours as they claim. I cannot believe that these phone company's are getting away with this scam and this should have been reported to the better business bureau a LONG time ago. If I buy a NEW phone and am paying monthly for insurance coverage I should receive a NEW phone not a refurbished phone in which Asurion is going to be sending me.  This is a fucking JOKE!

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon & Asurion
Not applicable

However the insurance booklet or online insurance PDF explain the process, costs and deductibles.

The like new refurbished replacement is spelled out.

This way you could have removed the insurance from the device. However then you would have had to either pay full cost for a brand new phone or bought a used phone off the net and take your chances.

For the record I never buy the supplement insurance I just pay full price. But in 25+ years of having cellular I never needed to have them replaced. I replace when I want a new device and place the old ones back in their boxes and store them away.

There are other insurance carriers for cell phones you just need to Google them.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Not applicable

hate to tell you but ALL the carriers use Asurion. So going to another carrier you will encounter the same issues.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Was just reading some carriers went to Assurant over Asurion. http://www.assurant.com/inc/assurant/index.html

I am not getting a page resolve for Asurion but can get.  http://www.phoneclaim.com/verizon

Which says Asurion. Strange.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I thought I read somewhere that Asurion and Assurant are the same company, but have changed their name.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Assurion us being phased out and Assurant is being used. Assurant is their "global" name.

Not applicable

You know that is probably true. Big companies do this tactic all the time.

Go figure?

Tidbits
Legend

I just remember reading it somewhere that they were the same company. USA and Canada knows them as Assurion while the rest of the world knew them as Assurant.

I welcome the one company name deal. It benefits consumer choices.

0 Likes
Not applicable

At the end of the day the OP switching carriers over insurance won't work.

0 Likes
PWOOD4
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just tried putting in a claim and it went from $99 to $169 when is there going to be some real competition out there to give these people a run for there money. Meanwhile they get richer off dumb asses like us

trapped

0 Likes