Plans for Verizon Navigator for Z30, release date?
sfgwyn
Enthusiast - Level 2

when or if is Verizon releasing its Navigator for Z30?  I like the app, but I like the z30 more.  Use something else, just seems odd Verizon could not set this on a production release.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Plans for Verizon Navigator for Z30, release date?
RickinSD
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm assuming you are talking about Verizon's turn-by-turn navigation app for smartphones?  That app is now a dinosaur.  If you have a Z30, the built-in Maps app on the Z30 works flawlessly and was co-engineered by Tom Tom.  It links up with your contact list, addresses on websites, etc. so all you have to do is tap the link and boom the map opens and starts the navigation.

In addition, there is a monthly charge for VZ Navigator - get rid of it!

0 Likes
jhanks64
Enthusiast - Level 3

I use BlackBerry Maps in combination with BE Maps Pro ($4.00 purchase) in BlackBerry World.

BB Maps works with contacts and other places that have an address, but BE Maps Pro uses Google Maps data (They have to pay Google for it) and has very good search capabilities and other features.  When you request Turn by Turn, it will launch BB Maps to do that.

0 Likes
sfgwyn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, legacy or dinosaur, we liked having a monthly charge to have directions (alternate/detours), movies, gas prices, weather, and events in one easy location and at our finger tip scroll. Version 7 seemed to keep us on track and no need to append devices to rental cars or have conversations with local experts that weren't.  Keep checking through to see a Verizon answer.

Thanks for suggestions, I've used maps on BB, flawless is a stretch.  I would not say VZ Nav was flawless but close due to any mapping technology - bing in this case.  An ETA model was expected and it to calculate rate of travel based on current conditions, it did.  BE Maps Pro will test out.

0 Likes