New(?) phishing scam - beware
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I just got an email this evening from  Security Department VZWMail@verizonsecure.us - stating my account had been locked and to log in at www.verizonsecure.us to unlock it... I forwarded it to phishing@verizonwireless.com since I knew it was fake - did NOT go to the link.  And, BTW, I can log into my verizon account just fine, thank you.  It's not locked at all.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New(?) phishing scam - beware
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I got one too, but the email address I received it at is only associated with my Community Only ID for this community. I didn't receive one on the email address associated with my actual MyVerizon account

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I got a couple of those as well in early December.  And interestingly enough, as Ann154 said, they arrived at the e-mail address that I use for this forum, not the e-mail address that I use for my MyVerizon account.  I also forwarded them to the VZW phishing e-mail address.

0 Likes
beechmtnncverizonissu
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just got one this morning as well.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please forward it to the phishing address given above - if they get inundated with reports, it may spur them to actually DO something.

By not clicking the link or otherwise responding, other than to forward the email, we take a way o bit of the scammers satisfaction and purpose in doing this; there are enough that WILL click and fill in their info to make it worthwhile, but I won't be one of them.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I received another one yesterday, again to the e-mail address I use for this forum and not the e-mail address that I use for MyVerizon.  Smiley Sad   At least the scam phone calls I was receiving have basically stopped.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've only received the one email so far, and it was to the email I use on the forum as well.  Scammer got hold of the forum email addresses?? And no calls ... so I guess that's good.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just received another scam e-mail, this time to the e-mail address I use for MyVerizon. 

0 Likes
HollyB42

Got one today (1/31).  Couldn't find a way to report it to Verizon.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

As noted in earlier posts, forward the e-mail to phishing@verizonwireless.com

0 Likes