Intermittently muffled voice...?
AlisaJ

We recently got the LG G2 for my husband.  When speaking with him, his voice is not always clear during the conversation.  He will randomly sound very muffled, as if something has partially blocked the microphone.  At other times he will sound completely clear.  He says that he is not moving or doing anything to change the position of the phone.  Is there something about the LG G2 that causes this to happen so that we know how to avoid it in the future?  Thank you for your help!

0 Likes
Re: Intermittently muffled voice...?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Has he also been carefully to not cover the microphone while holding the phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
n3xusfan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have people telling me all the time that there having problems hearing me. I'm hearing on my end but it's definitely not that clear. I returned my first G2 for that reason and my second is the same way. You could try messing with call settings and disable voice enhancement or voice privacy to see if that helps. Like me though that didn't help. Maybe was spoiled by my Galaxy Nexus voice quality I had before the g2

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi AlisaJ,

I am sorry that your husband is having issues with the microphone. Does he have a case on his device? If so, did he remove the case to see if the sound is still being muffled?

Thanks,
EdW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport   

0 Likes
Ohioguy215
Enthusiast - Level 3

Alisa,

Have you heard of the 13Q fix?  Had the same problem but read of the fix on this forum and while not perfect, it's 99% better. 

Ohioguy215
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have you heard of the 13Q fix?  Had the same problem but read of the fix on this forum and while not perfect, it's 99% better. 

0 Likes
AlisaJ

Yes, he has.  The muffling will kick in mid-stream when he hasn't moved his hand at all.  It is worse when he is walking around, but happens when he is sitting at his desk.

0 Likes
AlisaJ

We will give both of those a try and let you know if they help.  Thanks so much!

0 Likes
AlisaJ

He does have a case on his phone now, but the muffling has been a problem from the very beginning.  It was a couple of weeks before he got the case for it and the problem is just as bad with the case as it was without.  He has even widened the microphone hole in the case to see if that would make a difference but it really hasn't.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

N3xusfan, we want you to have crystal clear calls! Would you mind telling us what software version you have?  http://vz.to/1dgpQCC

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes