Samsung Galaxy Stellar USB issues
Sugarmag2014
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm trying to help my daughter connect her Samsung Galaxy Stellar to the computer via the USB cable to use KIES and also transfer some files.  For some reason, the cable will just start charging the phone and does not recognize it in any other way.  There is no option in the pull down menu and the computer does not seem to be recognizing it at all.  I've used the same cable and same computer with my Galaxy SIII and I have no problems, it recognizes it, etc.  What can I do?

Labels (1)
Re: Samsung Galaxy Stellar USB issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello sugarmag2014,

I often run into this issue when I plug a device into my computer. Once upon a time this was a challenge. Now that I know what to klook for, I want to share some steps with you. Let's start with what computer do you have and what operating system are you running? If it's a Windows based PC then I would suggest checking for any device or driver conflict. Also, please be sure that your antivirus/firewall isn't blocking the smartphone from connecting to the computer. Once you have tried these steps then please advise of your findings, just in case more assistance is needed.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable
0 Likes
Sugarmag2014
Enthusiast - Level 1

To the above to posts from Verizonr, I appreciate what you have suggested.  I do  know how to connect a phone, and it does not even HAVE the option to  chose how I want to connect, it just starts charging.  There is no  other options.  Also , I use a Toshiba Laptop that is running  Windows 7.  I have used this laptop and my Samsung Galaxy s3 with no  issues.  It is only when I try to connect my daughter's Stellar that it  doesn't connect. I have tried reinstalling the drivers, etc. I am looking for any other suggestions that would  register her phone.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Sugarmag2014
Enthusiast - Level 1

I appreciate what you have suggested.  Elector, I do  know how to connect a phone, and it does not even HAVE the option to  chose how I want to connect, it just starts charging.  There is not  other options.  There is nothing in the menu.  Nothing at all in the drop down .  I have used this laptop and my Samsung Galaxy s3 with no  issues.  It is only when I try to connect my daughter's Stellar that it  doesn't connect.  I am looking for any other suggestions that would  register her phone.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Evidently you missed my post and link.

0 Likes
Sugarmag2014
Enthusiast - Level 1

Your link and post is telling me how to transfer music files.  It does not even register on my computer as existing.  There is no option as to how to connect to the computer.  It just starts charging.  There is no way for me to change it.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Having looked at the complete directions I cannot fathom this phone not functioning as the directions state.

Let's try the maker of your device, Samsung.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/howtoguide/N0000006/8237/118368/SCH-I200ZKAVZW

Now try that link.

Good luck

0 Likes
Not applicable

Evidently there is some sort of fault. On the second link it clearly shows all sorts of folders and media. But it has to be done wireless through something called Kies?

I can look further if the second link does not help. Maybe USB to PC is not supported outside of music transfers via USB.

Good Luck

Not applicable

Additional information.

On the screen even though it states music it does show how to connect via USB

Accessing your device from your computer using Media device (MTP) and Camera (PTP) mode is similar to accessing a USB mass storage device.

See if that works for you.