Samsung desktop utility app won't open on PC - what's wrong?
Spaceman210
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone else having trouble opening the utility app downloaded here as Verizon 2.0 UA for Android, to a PC?  Won't open in Win 7 or XP compatibility mode.  Microsoft automated troubleshooter says program is incompatible!  Tried disabling firewall and antivirus.  All I get is a prompt to allow it to run, then nothing.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung desktop utility app won't open on PC - what's wrong?
rsjoberg

Yes, having the same problem.  First, version 4.3 device s/w pushed to the phone (with lots of problems), then Verizon 2.0 UA upgraded on my Win7 Pro PC, and it crashes on launch.  So I removed it from the PC and contacted Verizon.  They are seeing other complaints, and the reps can no longer even find it on the support website.  I'm guessing it was pulled until they can fix the problem.

0 Likes
choco629

I'm having the same issue.

0 Likes
Al0123

As of today 1/30/14 problem still exists with my W7 RAID system.

Enclosed is screen shoot of MS error message.

Clip0002.jpg

Will Verizon please have courtesy of answering this message.

From Google search there are many more with this problem.

Anyway to go back to previous version, that worked?

Thanks,

Al

BTW the more users that note the problem the quicker it will be noted by who ever has to fix this.

0 Likes
JRAHNBO2
Contributor - Level 2

I don't trust Verizon apps on my phone so I definitely never installed this or any other Verizon software on a PC.  Is it worth messing with if it did work?

0 Likes
syriama

Same problem since update came out also get 2.0 sua stop working.

reset phone 4 times all ready still same problem.

Do we really need to have the upgrade assistant on desktop?

If not I like to know so I don't waste any more time.

0 Likes
jtlauter

I'm having the same problem (Win 7) on my Dell XPS PC. I have a Galaxy S3, not a Note 3, under which this discussion is located. I don't think anyone at Verizon is really paying attention to these posts.

0 Likes
trainterry
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was having the same problem and got great help from Samsung. They indicated that you can use their Kies program to do the same function. I tried it and like it better than the Verizon program. Here is the link:

www.samsung.com/us/kies/#downloadWindows

Be sure to select the Kies 3 for Galexy Note 3 and other 4.3 android devices

Once you get the Samsung software working uninstall the Verizon that doesn't work.

Good Luck

0 Likes
NDEon20

I had a technician from Samsung install the software remotely to use my Verizon 2.0 UA for Android, on my PC - the system still does not recognise the properly installed software, and returns no solutions. What to do who to contact , as it seems Verizon doesn't seem interested in downloading/uploading media! issues? It is now the middle of 2015; and I have found no solution!!!

0 Likes