Alright I am having the same issue with my wifi connection going out. Just says "Your Internet connection is unstable" I was burning through my data very quickly at first, until I turned off the auto switch function that is on by default. (Settings>Wifi configure>menu>Advanced Setting> uncheck the box for auto switch connection.) I am still using more data then I should because I am forced to switch to my 4G connection because I can't stay connected to my wifi.
- Have had the issue with 6 different routers, wide variety so I am confident that it is not the router. The 4 routers that I have any control over have the most up to date firmware.
- My wife has a Note 2 on the same connection from VZW that has had no issues at all.
- I have done a DOA on my phone and experienced the same issue on both devices. Did not add any applications from the play store or any other app market until after the issue presented itself again, which was within 24 hours.
- I used a Note 3 with AT&T and had none of these issues which makes me believe it is something to do with the VZW specific software version.
- I did a factory data reset after the recent software update and still had the issue.
- Contacted Samsung directly, they were not aware of an issue.
- Contact VZW tech support typical steps given, reboot, pull battery, wipe, if problem persist warranty exchange.
- Tonight I used this cycle to try and see if I could get a stable connection. Had the problem, used the phones internal task manager to clear memory and to close all running applications. Issue happened again within a minute. Did a reboot of the device, issue happened again. Pulled the battery and the issue happened again.
I have no desire to get a warranty device from VZW or to send it in myself to have Samsung take a look at it. I feel like this is an issue that has some type of a software conflict and I am hoping that someone from VZW will take the time to run this up the line, talk to their local Samsung rep and make it known that this issue is impacting people.
Not only is this frustrating for me. But I consider myself pretty on the ball with wireless devices and I managed to burn through half a months data in a week before realizing that I wasn't using my wifi connection due to the auto switch default option. I can only imagine how many people are raising their plans to compensate for this potential software glitch, using the data that they have while on the wrong plan paying more than they should be, or worse yet getting bills with overages and not understanding how to read their bill and know that they're even having a problem.