4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 8, 2014 11:17 AM by vicmac500 RSS

NOVATEL MIFI 4510L JETPACK

vicmac500

I can't seem to find an answer to my question. I would like to know if I can use the MiFi 4510L Jetpack with the prepaid plan.

• 1. Re: NOVATEL MIFI 4510L JETPACK
          John Getzke

I don't think you can anymore.  The MiFi 4510L is no longer available for a new prepaid plan.  All you can purchase is the 5510L at this time.

Prepaid Jetpacks:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/new/prepaid/prepaid-jetpack/

If you had something else in mind like switching from a normal contract to a prepaid contract then you will have to give VZW a call and have them explain your options.

• 2. Re: NOVATEL MIFI 4510L JETPACK
            vicmac500

Hi, so you are saying that purchasing one off of eBay would be a waste of money?

Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 09:08:08 -0800

To: tvmccall50@hotmail.com

Subject: - Re: NOVATEL MIFI 4510L JETPACK

Re: NOVATEL MIFI 4510L JETPACK

created by John Getzke in Verizon Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot 890L - View the full discussion

I don't think you can anymore.  The MiFi 4510L is no longer available for a new prepaid plan.  All you can purchase is the 5510L at this time.

Prepaid Jetpacks:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/new/prepaid/prepaid-jetpack/

If you had something else in mind like switching from a normal contract to a prepaid contract then you will have to give VZW a call and have them explain your options.

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in Verizon Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot 890L by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

© 2011 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless | One Verizon Way | Mail Code: 180WVB | Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

We respect your privacy.  Please review our privacy policy for more information.

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

• 3. Re: NOVATEL MIFI 4510L JETPACK
              John Getzke

It may work, I have never tried that technique before.

The big issue as I see it is that the MiFi 4510L uses the old large SIM cards.  New devices (like the MiFi 5510L) use micro SIM cards and are not compatible.  It would boil down to VZW being able to migrate the old SIM to the new prepaid account or not.  They may not want to do that because the device is no longer supported, especially if they have to ship you a replacement SIM to get it working.

If they can re-activate the same SIM on a new prepaid plan then you would be fine. 

I'd hold off on purchasing the device for now.  You should call VZW and talk to a rep to see if what you want is possible or not. Its not clearly posted anywhere how VZW would respond to such a request.  VZW tends to want users to buy new devices instead of supporting old ones so I wouldn't be surprised if you get turned down.

• 4. Re: NOVATEL MIFI 4510L JETPACK
                vicmac500

You have given me exactly the information I was looking for. If Verizon is not going to allow an old device on a new plan, I will not waste my time. I have already contacted a Verizon representative and was only geared towards purchasing a new device, no information was given on the use of an older one, not even if I were the original owner.

Thank you.

Victoria McCall

Sent: Wednesday, January 8, 2014 12:47 PM

To: My Phone Number

Verizon Wireless Community

Re: NOVATEL MIFI 4510L JETPACK

created by John Getzke in Verizon Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot 890L - View the full discussion 

It may work, I have never tried that technique before.

The big issue as I see it is that the MiFi 4510L uses the old large SIM cards.  New devices (like the MiFi 5510L) use micro SIM cards and are not compatible.  It would boil down to VZW being able to migrate the old SIM to the new prepaid account or not.  They may not want to do that because the device is no longer supported, especially if they have to ship you a replacement SIM to get it working.

If they can re-activate the same SIM on a new prepaid plan then you would be fine. 

I'd hold off on purchasing the device for now.  You should call VZW and talk to a rep to see if what you want is possible or not. Its not clearly posted anywhere how VZW would respond to such a request.  VZW tends to want users to buy new devices instead of supporting old ones so I wouldn't be surprised if you get turned down.

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in Verizon Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot 890L by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

© 2011 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless | One Verizon Way | Mail Code: 180WVB | Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information.

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.