Is the week old 928 I just replaced at the store refurbished?
jgraves1107
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nokia is telling me that they did not furnish the imei on this so called new phone.  I purchased a new phone that failed in a week, I expect a new replacement.  The store says they only get new phones.  So exactly why are there 3 stickers on my box and nokia says the phone is a refurbish and so was the first one?  When you put a phone back together you should make sure the screen is seated and not send them to stores for new sales!  This is beyond ridiculous.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Just goy my week old 928 replaced at the store, but it appears to be refurbished.
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Take it back to the store right away. You are due a NEW phone within 14 days of purchase. If you wait past 14 days though, it'll be refurbished. If the store doesn't want to replace it with new, tell them you'll simply return it and order a new one elsewhere (you'd have to pay the restocking fee of $35, but they won't want you to return it).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Just goy my week old 928 replaced at the store, but it appears to be refurbished.
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Take it back to the store right away. You are due a NEW phone within 14 days of purchase. If you wait past 14 days though, it'll be refurbished. If the store doesn't want to replace it with new, tell them you'll simply return it and order a new one elsewhere (you'd have to pay the restocking fee of $35, but they won't want you to return it).

0 Likes
Magpul83
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's all your going to get, they would NEVER give you a NEW device. I've seen this many times. It's the same with Comcast directv etc always used stuff.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

A replacement within 14 days is supposed to be new. Otherwise, everyone would simply return them.

0 Likes
Magpul83
Enthusiast - Level 3

They sent me used phones during my 14 day period, explain that?

0 Likes
jgraves1107
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nokia seems to think Verizon is refurbishing these phones in house now and selling them new.  My imei number is not showing up in nokia's database.  Not to mention this new phone is freezing already!!  Not even 1 day old.  Really this is what Verizon is going to do to wp8?  A refurb would be fine if it was fixed and not put together wrong. 

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I don't have to explain it. It's your responsibility to know the policies and insist they're followed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jgraves1107, it's our goal to ensure that you have a properly working device. You can return/exchange your device for a brand new device within 14 days. Did you contact the store location to confirm that you recieved a brand new phone? http://vz.to/3SdsA

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes