LG Spectrum has a spectrum of problems with no solution
troyellen

My phone (and my son has the same exact phone) shuts off at any given time, does a complete factory reset on its own sometimes, doesn't transmit text messages sometimes (both incoming and outgoing), does not allow calls to come through sometimes, battery doesn't hold a good charge, and so on.  I know LG made a crappy phone and Verizon attempted to "fix it," and I know Verizon has a good service, and I have been with them for over 12 yrs., but really, I think it is time to start looking at other carriers.  I have tried to get other phones to replace these, and I cannot afford the outrageous prices, but Verizon will not cooperate to fix it and really do not want a "refurbished" phone as it will most likely have problems and Verizon will not cover it.  I have insurance for my phone (both of them), but it doesn't cover program malfunctions.  What is a single Mom supposed to do?  Oh, I can't get a new "free" phone until 2015, as I have just recently purchased (they were free and now I totally see why) these phones.  I will never purchase another LG phone!!!  Does anyone else have problems like this and had any success with Verizon on exchanging them for a better phone?  Waiting for a response . . . . .

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Spectrum has a spectrum of problems with no solution
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

troyellen we want to make certain that you are able to stay in touch with ease! I'm sorry to hear of all the trouble that you are experiencing, but we're here to help! The manufacturer’s warranty does cover the same make/model device. I understand your reservations regarding a replacement; however I want to reassure you that Certified Like New Replacements undergo a 100 point list inspection for top quality. To learn more please visit http://vz.to/IMtPiA . Next I know that we tried to fix the issue but to cross all bases, have you tried to run the device in Safe Mode http://vz.to/KqLwpe to see if an application is causing the trouble or complete a Hard Reset to correct any internal errors http://vz.to/1gBiCxY ? We truly appreciate your business throughout the many years and we hope to turn things around! Keep us posted!

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

It could be an app or something you have added to the phone as I have seen that happen. An app not compatible with your device cause problems. So anything that was not originally on your phone remove it and try and find the one that is causing a problem. That is one thing to try if it is not the phone itself.

0 Likes
troyellen

I have done a hard reset (factory reset) and got rid of all the apps, and then on its own, the phone did a reset and it is still having problems.  Sometimes still not receiving texts, and having trouble sending them and not getting calls and it just shuts off, even when charged.  Thank you for responding Ashley, I will checkout the site for replacements.  I do have insurance on it and that is showing to be a total waste because no one wants to do anything about it and wants to charge me money to fix something that was obviously a failed unit because I know it has already been discontinued.  2015, when the contract comes due, can't come fast enough. Sorry to be a complainer about this, just really aggravating!

0 Likes
drc629

I have an LG Spectrum as well. I have had nothing but problems with it since the day I took it out of the box, and it was supposedly "certified". I have had much of the same problems you are and now it won't charge. My only option is a warranty replacement of the same type of phone that obviously has serious issues. The issue with the warranty replacement is the fact that I have to drive to a Verizon store to get it done, which is 40 miles each way and I will have to drive up and back twice. Once to have them tell me it is screwed, the second to pick up the new phone because apparently that stuff can't be sent to my house. Verizon should do something about the issues with this phone because there is a lot of angry people out there that have this phone that are ready to drop Verizon service all together because they don't feel like anyone cares about the issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sounds like we need to explore replacement options troyellen! If a factory reset did not resolve the issues we should consider replacing the device. Is your phone within the one year manufacturer's warranty? If so, you can get a Certified Like New Replacement http://vz.to/uyYF0o of same model as per manufacturers' warranty as long as no physical or water damage exist. If any damage, you can process an insurance replacement online at http://bit.ly/07CrqPK at your convenience. If you prefer to get a different model phone please call #UPG to check your upgrade eligibility date, or consider our Device Payment Program to upgrade at full price without a contract and without a big upfront expense.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
troyellen

I think I will stick it out with the bad phone and in 2015 just switch carriers.  This decision is based on the fact that Verizon knows there is a problem with the phone and that it has been discontinued, but just doesn't want to trade it out for a new phone.  What a way to support longtime customers.  I appreciate the thoughtfulness you have in customer service. Thank you.

0 Likes
sithappyface
Enthusiast - Level 1

Had the problem of restarting all the time.. Loved the features of the hate no known knew  about the phone, wasn't pushed.. company didn't help. blame phone instead of fixing programing problems.. really upset that I lost all my contacts and messages and data stuff I save since it was a good acting computer. Basically didn't do crap for me..bought a new spectrum 2.. only because iw as getting use to the movements of the last. SO Much better.. No Battery problem.. it last a little while longer. screen bigger. really could find may faults if you like spectrum 1... 2 is much better.. ring tones is lacking,,

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I definitely don't want to lose you troyellen! I am always here to provide all available options. Please accept my follow request, follow me and send me a direct message so I may further assist. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
troyellen

I am following @VZWSupport, but I don't think I have an option to message directly, but not sure if the message I typed up went through.

0 Likes