Why has 4g service in the area suddenly stopped for all devices, friends, and family?
Tyyrael
Enthusiast - Level 2

There used to be great 4g service here at my house in Madisonville, TN ( 37354 )  but for the last two weeks the service is so bad that I can't even send/receive text messages or even send a picture message.  Looking at a website is not an option unless Im at home using my own WiFi.

Done a hard reset

Updated all the way to 4.3

Took battery and Sim card out and waited an hour, and reset phone

Went outside and held phone up into the air, was getting 2 bars ONLY of 1x  Service

If i drive 1 mile down the road I run into 4g service and I'm able to hold that service all the way back home, but after 5 minutes of being home I lose the 4g

A week ago I could have between 2 bars and full 4g service

Now it is just 1x, or cell service only, no data and even texts barely send

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why has 4g service in the area suddenly stopped for all devices, friends, and family.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Tyyrael,

Thank you very much for your inquiry today. We fully understand the importance of having great wireless coverage. Upon review of your area I can confirm that the area does have opportunities. Our engineers constantly monitor these types of areas and make improvements as necessary. My utmost apologies that I would be unable to advise of an exact time of improvement for you area. However, I can validate that this area is a known area of opportunity. To assist with improvement of indoor coverage, we do recommend the utilization of http://bitly.com/1cjTKr6. Please keep us posted if you have any additional questions, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why has 4g service in the area suddenly stopped for all devices, friends, and family.
Tyyrael
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also wanted to add that many people come here to visit, and ALL devices have lost connectivity to 4g.

Me, my girlfriend, and all friends and family that have Verizon LTE devices

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you called customer service to report the problem?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Tyyrael,

Thank you very much for your inquiry today. We fully understand the importance of having great wireless coverage. Upon review of your area I can confirm that the area does have opportunities. Our engineers constantly monitor these types of areas and make improvements as necessary. My utmost apologies that I would be unable to advise of an exact time of improvement for you area. However, I can validate that this area is a known area of opportunity. To assist with improvement of indoor coverage, we do recommend the utilization of http://bitly.com/1cjTKr6. Please keep us posted if you have any additional questions, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
shbhb1221
Enthusiast - Level 2

area of opportunity? is that  verizon speak for for "we know the coverage sucks, but we arent going to tell you that until after you sign your contract?"