iPhone 5s unable to receive SMS text, iMessage works OK
Tripod777
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just activated my 5s. I can receive iMessage from other iPhones but I cannot send or receive SMS text to/from  non-iPhones ? Is there a setting I am missing ?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 5s unable to receive SMS text, iMessage works OK
Tripod777
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, just spoke to Level 2 tech support (Seth). He had to reset the line; apparently some issue that happened during activation that was not complete. Problem resolved.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Tripod777,

We would love to help out. Are you able to place any calls? Are you able to browse the wed without the utilization of WIFI? Have you reached out to us to confirm activation at 800-922-0204? Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
Tripod777
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I can surf the web without Wifi, can place calls in and out to any phone – only issue is with SMS. When sending it tries and then says “no delivered”, I already activated the phone

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Tripod777
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, just spoke to Level 2 tech support (Seth). He had to reset the line; apparently some issue that happened during activation that was not complete. Problem resolved.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's great news Tripod777! Please keep us posted if we can provide any additional assistance going forward, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes