A letter to Verizon's CEO

crag_dwller

December 21st, 2013

Mr. Lowell McAdam

1095 Avenue of the Americas

New York, NY  10036

Re:          Verizon Wireless Customer Service

Dear Mr. McAdam,

I am writing to inform you of a yet unresolved customer service issue within your wireless division.  Over the past 4 days, I have spoken with 9 of your representatives over a number of locations.  I have been lied to, hung up on and spent countless hours of time on hold trying to get resolution.  I’ve had to re-explain my problem each and every time.  Like you, I am a corporate executive of a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio.  It’s my fervent hope that our organization would never allow a customer to feel as I have over these recent days.

My issue is simple.  I am trying to activate a Verizon Moto X, a brand new smartphone purchased through Motorola’s Moto Maker site.  Putting together the pieces of information from your reps suggest that this issue is more complex.  It is unconscionable to me that in this technological day and age that it would take this long for a simple activation.  Even if there is a more complex issue, it would appear that no one within your organization that I have spoken to has the authority to escalate or think “outside the box” for a resolution.  I even recommended shutting the account down and opening a new one and was told, “Well, I would have to get new accounts involved in that.”  OK, so be it.  It didn’t happen.

I want this issue resolved immediately.  I want someone to reach out to me who cares about providing top notch customer service.  I want to speak with someone who has the authority to make a decision and see that it is followed through with.  I wish for my account to be credited for one month’s worth of fees for countless hours away from my family in dealing with this ridiculous issue.

I am very well connected in the Cincinnati community and am acquainted with sourcing and purchasing managers at very well known large companies.  In addition to losing my business if this is not resolved to my satisfaction, I will make it very clear to those friends in the corporate community that this experience was very poorly handled.

My Verizon mobile number is (xxx) xxx-7430.  I can be reached at this number.  Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Robert

• 1. Re: A letter to Verizon's CEO
          Elector

Very nicely written. But the device under normal circumstances would be a simple go to your My Verizon web portal http://www.verizonwireless.com and just swap device ESN/meid numbers then it will tell you what to do in simple instructions.

I have read that there are issues with activation with this device unless you went through the verizon wireless web site.

I cannot say this is a fact or not.

You can tell hundreds of people to not get service from verizon but if they don't have any issues its highly unlikely they will listen to you. But hey give it a try.

Good Luck

• 2. Re: A letter to Verizon's CEO
            Verizon Wireless Customer Support

I'm sorry that your issues were not resolved while speaking with customer service over the phone Robert. We truly don't want to lose your business and will do all we can to help make things right and to resolve your issue. Per the Motorola website, is the phone you are tyring to activate compatible with Verizon Wireless? When you purchased the device, did it advise of the carriers you can use your phone with? What was the status of the last conversation with our customer service/technical support team? Was a ticket processed for the issues regarding activation. Although we are unable to credit your account for a months worth of service, fixing your issue is our #1 priority. You can send me a private message with your mobile number and I can check the last step taken to fix this problem. I hope to hear from you soon so that you stay with us and remain a happy customer.

KinquanaH_VZW
            Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport