DNA Update
charger07

Got the latest update. Hate this new update. Now 80% of the time I cannot send a text. I get an error message code 3. Then it will ask me if I want to wait for digital service. This update is terrible. It also shortened my battery life. I don't know what they were thinking but they made this phone almost useable. Way too many pages or screens to thumb through.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: DNA Update
mcharette5470

I have the exact same problem, I would GIVE anything to revert back to Sense 4 or Jelly Bean.  I hate texting on my DNA now because it just lags, and this phone is not slow at all but the texting is very screwed up!  HELP!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi charger07,

We want you to have the best experience and be able to enjoy your new update; I apologize for the problems you’ve been having with your messages, we are here to help!  Please try this reset for the application, it will not delete anything, http://vz.to/1l6qMOU . Please keep us posted on the resolution.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dleenhouts
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been getting the error class 3 cause code 65535 when I send (but not receive) texts. I went to the VZ store & they did a hard reset on my phone, but that hasn't changed anything. Re-installing the SIM card hasn't helped either, nor has restarting it. This isn't 1996 anymore where "turning it off then on" actually fixes things...

0 Likes
NexusMan21
Contributor - Level 2

This has happened on every HTC Android phone on Verizon. Are you integrating your contacts from Facebook? Have any of the contacts you have tried to text have a 1 in front of the area code?

0 Likes
dleenhouts
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't have facebook, & I've seen this both work & not work with +1XXXYYYZZZZ & XXXYYYZZZZ number formats. I've even deleted every message thread (since 65535 is typically a max entry number, like how the older versions of MS Excel topped out at 65535 rows) & still got that error.

NexusMan21
Contributor - Level 2

That's what I would have tried as well. Facebook integration did it to me on my Thunderbolt back in 2011, and the methods you described is how I went about it. I hope you work it out. This is why I don't buy HTC phones.

0 Likes
nytq
Enthusiast - Level 2

My texts are not lagging, but the update in general has shown glitches.  The keyboard on Verizon messenger does not fit in the window when the phone is rotated sideways.  The stock messenger app works fine.  The battery is definitely draining faster.  Other apps are having more glitches.  I really hate when developers decide to completely change or even worse remove a function you really liked, to make room for others that I don't care about.  Just add them and leave the rest the way it was.  And for gods sake, try the phone yourself in real life with the update, it's not hard to notice the difference.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there dleenhouts,

We absoutely want to make sure those messages keep flowing through. Does this happen on every text that you send? What zip code does this occur in? Please try powering off the device and remove and reinsert the sim card. Power the phone back on and test the messages again.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

I seen only one glitch and since restarting my phone have yet to have anymore problems out of my DNA. Might want to try restarting your phone. Worked for me

0 Likes