Mail server settings
- Incoming mail server (POP3): pop.verizon.net
- Incoming Server Port Numbers: 995
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.verizon.net
- Outgoing Server Port Numbers: 465 Why is this important?
- Your Verizon Online user name
- Your Verizon Online password
- Make sure "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)" is checked.
Your email is firstname.lastname@example.org ? Or is it some other provider,like @comcast.net or @yahoo.com ? if you've set it up properly with the settings above and your email ends with @verizon.net, then something else is going on. I don't have a verizon.net email address to test, but I have successfully set up several different emails on several phones (Android, Windows, and iPhones).
You said you could not set it up in Outlook either? There's got to be something in the settings that's not right, some how.