Stop Verizon
mike8606
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently found out Verizon call centers are calling our older generation ( parents / grandparents ) and rooking them into new two year contracts. They call and say its time to get a new phone and not understanding all the leagaleze they say OK. Then they send them a new $14.00 crappy old phone that they activate not knowing they are now in debt to Verizon for 2 years with no way out except to pay the "fee". Verizon is exploiting our older generation through their call centers. Tell you what, don't believe me, just ask around to your friends. Alabama is fixing to pass a law on exploiting older people. When they do I will be at the Attorney Generals office and will make it my goal to see that Verizon is held accountable for the exploiting. Don't bother going to a Verizon store as I did. Jennifer the manager at the Prattville, Alabama store said she had no control and could not help. Said she had no one to call, she could only email someone. So much for having the country's biggest calling network. I have gone to both the Montgomery and Prattville, Alabama stores and customer service was equal if not more so than our dysfunctional service in our current Federal Government. Does anyone out there have a solution or advice?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Stop Verizon
mike8606
Enthusiast - Level 1

I went thru the same thing. I personally am friends with the

attorney general and he told me they have in the works to drop a class action lawsuit on them once the new law goes into effect. They value the dollar, NOT their customers. I have been a customer with them for many years and all you get is the run around. With the other company's are steady improving their service I will switch when the right time comes. Here is a number to call the consumer interest division: 800-392-5658. There is a hot line number that is local: 334-242-7335. If anyone lives in Alabama, I strongly urge you to call them.

We will see how Verizon feels about Customer loyalty then.

0 Likes