4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 24, 2013 8:50 AM by Verizon Wireless Customer Support RSS

Blank Screen

ekinder

Screen has gone blank on my jet pack.  It only flashes slow purple, and even though it says my computer and devices are connected, web pages wont load.

Thoughts?  Is it dead?

Eddie

• 1. Re: Blank Screen
          John Getzke

Chances are its busted.

First thing you should do is try to replace the device under the one year warranty.  A simple hardware problem like this is easy for VZW support reps to confirm and complete the replacement.

If they are not able to replace it under warranty then you will need to consider your next cheapest options.  Either wait until you can get a partial or full upgrade or search the internet for a replacement model from a 3rd party vendor.  All you need is the device, the SIM card and the data plan will transfer over without any extra configuration.

• 2. Re: Blank Screen
            Verizon Wireless Customer Support

ekinder,

We need a VZW medic, stat! And just like that, here I am. Now, slow violet flashing would mean it's powered on and 3G is available but it's not connected. Is there any physical or liquid damage done to the device itself? Have you tried power cycling it by turning it off and then back on? We'll get to the bottom of this.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

• 3. Re: Blank Screen
              ekinder

No physical or water damage.  The screen has been acting funny for a few weeks... streaks, choppy, etc.  but now its black.  I have powered it up and down multiple times, and gone through the reset a couple times.  Nothing.

• 4. Re: Blank Screen
                Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Thanks for the update ekinder. I'm sorry you're still having issues with your phone screen. Are you still under the one year manufactures warranty? If you are still under warranty and have no damage to the phone, we can replace the device with a certified like new device of the same model. I would also like to remind you that you have to send the defective phone back to us once you receive your current phone and if there is damage found, the account is charged full retail price for the replacement. I recommend taking the phone to a store for a physical evaluation. Here is a link to stores http://bit.ly/3SdsA .

KinquanaH_VZw
                Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport