Transfer Backup Assistant to another phone
yungj

I tried to backup my husbands newer phone and now all of my info (from last backup) is on his phone! How can  I restore his info to his phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Transfer Backup Assistant to another phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Yungj,

Oh no! Let's get the correct information back on your husbands device. What device does your husband have? Was there information on your husbands phone that he wants to keep? Did your information being loaded to his device? Keep me posted

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: Transfer Backup Assistant to another phone
yungj

Thanks for your response but I couldn't wait and didn't know how to delete the conversation. I found out I'm not the only one that has done this.

We plugged my husbands phone into our shared computer wanting to download some pictures and itunes info came up. Well, having an ipod I have itunes set up already. I didn't understand, until too late, that when you want to backup your iphone it goes through itunes. One thing leads to another and when you aren't born with computer knowledge in your DNA it can lead to trouble. I asked if my husband had ever backed up his phone. He said no and so I thought that's what the site was asking for. Instead of backing up his info I somehow managed to get my backed up data on his phone.

After talking to Verizon and Apple for 2+ hours they were able to put some of his info back. The funny thing is that the 48 pictures that were restored were recent ones. I hoped the old data from when he got his new phone last spring might be available.

The only strange thing left to try and straighten out is that his contacts aren't in the same order they were in before. Now they are sorted by last name and they used to be sorted by first name.

thanks

j

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes