random shut down battery drained dead droid charge
doowop49

my droid charge shuts off for no apparent reason( on the web looking stuff up, making a call ,talking to someone sometimes it just shuts off )  I have 100% battery before it randomly shuts off. To turn it on I have to plug it into the charger or take the battery out .Then in 15 minutes the phone is fully charged. REALLY? This started about 3 weeks ago. Took it to VERIZON store they set it back to factory settings and the phone shut off during set up and still shuts off randomly.  The Verizon employee said MAYBE a new battery but that's no guarantee it will solve the problem. AND get this ....they don't sell the battery for this phone. I could go to some store called battery plus. I have only had this phone for 1 1/2 years so I'm still under contract and am not eligible for a new phone. Which by the way STINKS TO HIGH HEAVEN. I'm not the only one with this problem others are having the same issue. Go to Verizon community forum.  And really I don't think its the battery as others have bought a new battery and still have the same problem. What ticks me off is the DROID CHARGE HAS an ISSUE HERE and no one is doing anything about it. Samsung should be looking into this and do a recall. Verizon should be looking into this ...I refer to their The Worry Free Guarantee ....The Worry Free Guarantee is multifaceted, but the core of the message is that customers who choose Verizon Wireless are getting a commitment that we will stand behind the products and equipment we sell. Apparently that's not true. No one will stand behind their products and no one wants to make this right. I take care with my electronics …I don’t abuse them AND I have never I repeat NEVER have dropped this phone or got water on it. This phone is garbage...I AM VERY DISSAPOINTED and EXTREMELY DISTURBED. A phone should last at the very least the life of the contract and now I'm stuck with a worthless piece of garbage. I can't and will not pay full price ($500.00) really!  for a new phone.  I have had phones last 4 and 5 years and still worked when I bought a new phone. I gave them to the troops overseas. And for Verizon not to carry a battery for this phone is poor customer service and should I be expected to buy one?  NO I should not ,besides from everything I’ve read IT’S THE PHONE  Which makes it YOUR problem.  I’m paying for services that I can’t use now and am still under contract till January, so I’m paying and getting nothing. I am so disappointed with this phone I’m almost livid. Someone needs to make this right but I don’t expect that to happen as there is no customer service anymore. This is big business mentality you bought it, you own it, it’s your problem, (removed) you. I know I work in customer service for 17 years and counting…. THAYS THE WAY IT IS.

Post edited to comply with Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Re: random shut down battery drained dead droid charge sucks
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good evening doowop49,

I understand your discontent, I am a consumer also and I would be upset too if I was in your situation. I understand that a factory reset has already been performed on your phone and since the issue continue we must consider a faulty battery as the potential problem. Lamentably we do not carry batteries for phones that are no longer available for sale in our website. I recommend contacting the manufacturer 888-987-4357
http://www.samsung.com/us/ and see if they have batteries available for your phone. As with most electronics, manufacturer warranty is for one year and we are not able to replace at no charge once this warranty period is exceeded. Most customers in your situation upgrade to a new phone with our device payment program http://vz.to/ZILXBT to avoid a big upfront expense, please consider this option to replace your phone if the manufacturer does not have batteries.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: random shut down battery drained dead droid charge
NexusMan21
Contributor - Level 2

A simple search on Amazon.com and you can find this battery for around $9.

0 Likes
c2garland

My Husband and I both have this phone and we are both experiencing this same problem.  I have reset my phone and not have had any changes.  Also I bought a new battery from Amazon and that was fried within a month- I can't even use it  anymore, had to go back to the original one. We are also under contract and have to wait for upgrades so we have to just put up with this happening but it is so frustrating that I just want to break the phone!! It did not start happening until it performed an upgrade on the software. Something is messed up but no one seems to be helping anyone with these issues. Can't wait until May when we can finally get rid of them!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

c2garland,

Let's get both devices up and running! I know how frustrating it can be to have these problems, but I'm here to help you. Please back up all your data to your PC, then go to Settings>Privacy>Uncheck Automatic Restore. Proceed to complete these steps http://vz.to/1e73zgd on both and once they're up and running, don't restore any applications on them for a few hours. Keep us posted on results. 

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
c2garland

I have already tried this once and it did not change anything with my device. My husband has not tried it since it did not work with mine. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for keeping me posted c2garland! Just real quick, was the option to complete and Automatic Restore unchecked prior to completing the Factory Reset? Please have your husband try it and keep us posted with the results.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes