Text Messaging pulling up strange digits before my actual contacts (Verizon store was perplexed). Help. =(
kmp2013

On both my standard messaging and SMS Pro, when I try to create new text message, it pulls up weird numbers before the actual contact.  For example when I type MOM: in the dropdown first comes 666. When I type "DAD" the numbers 323 appear. When I type John, 5646 appears before the actual contact mobile number.

Nobody online could help me so far, and nobody in the Verizon store. This is getting very frustrating. (Yes, I repowered, and yes I took battery out and restarted). I have the newest software update. So in the meantime, if somebody is not a recent text, I have to go to contacts > name >message which is so dumb.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text Messaging pulling up strange digits before my actual contacts (Verizon store was perplexed). Help. =(
kmp2013

Just realized mom spells 666, dad spells 323 and so on. but why on earth would my phone be listing that first and foremost and how do I get rid of it??

0 Likes
Re: Text Messaging pulling up strange digits before my actual contacts (Verizon store was perplexed). Help. =(
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you bringing your concern to our attention. I want to ensure that were able to look thoroughly into this issue for you. What device are we working with here? Have you deleted the contact and then re-added? How long has this been going on?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
uptowngirl

I am having the same problem using a Galaxy S4.  I think my settings were inadvertently changed while in my purse or pushed against something.  Does anyone have thoughts on why this is happening and how to correct?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to get to those contacts quickly uptowngirl! When did this start? What messaging app are you using? When did you last power cycle your device or try a battery pull?

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
smalltowngirl509

I am having the same issue. Started the first time I used my phone. Just decided to see if other people were as annoyed by it as me.... has a fix happened for this?

0 Likes
smalltowngirl509

Oh and I have a Samsung s4. Got it last sunmer.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

All it's doing is putting in numbers for the letters.... ignore it and choose the contact.  For instance, if you have 3 contacts named John, it will list the numbers first, then the three contacts who are named John...just tap the one you want.

I'm not sure why it uses the numbers first when you are spelling the name, but if you tap on the contacts name when it shows up, it will work just fine.

0 Likes