8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 4, 2013 9:32 AM by Verizon Wireless Customer Support RSS

Good by verizon in 2014.I can't wait.

Keeper6234

I have been a good paying Verizon customer for many years. I have never ever missed paying a bill on time. Last month I made an error thinking I paid my bill which I did not. Verizon wireless was going to disconnect my service if I did not pay my last months balance and this months today. For a total of 262.35  which included a last fee for not paying last months bill. Remember, I have never ever missed paying a bill on time. I am so disgusted with Verizon. When I was chatting with billing I was have a hard time talking with her because of the bad reception. My friend has the same phone with sprint and never has reception issues. Verizon next year will be my last year with you. My wife and I will be switching to sprint. You really know how to treat good paying customers like crap.

• 1. Re: Good by verizon in 2014.I can't wait.
          Elector

Please, you missed a payment be it once or 100 times it still is a missed payment. If you owned a business and customers started telling you "oh I forgot to pay you" and that you add a late fee on their accounts and drop their credit a notch because it would be perfectly understandable. Verizon is a business. You agreed to late fees etc. So there is no reason to say I am leaving in 2014 over such a mistake made by you.

We have to account for our own actions, not blame others for them

Good Luck

• 2. Re: Good by verizon in 2014.I can't wait.
            commonsense101

You are free to leave whenever, you don't have to wait for mythical dates.. i wouldnt chat though, call and work out a payment plan. I went 3 months once without paying anything..

• 3. Re: Good by verizon in 2014.I can't wait.
              pherson

Its very true you can go without paying. But your service will be suspended.

• 4. Re: Good by verizon in 2014.I can't wait.
                commonsense101

I had a family member die, and verizon worked with me, i went about 9 weeks without paying anything and kept service

• 5. Re: Good by verizon in 2014.I can't wait.
                  Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Hi Keeper6234,

I know things can slip the mind, I myself have forgotten a few to do things. Your loyalty to Verizon Wireless is awesome and we would never want to see you leave. Let's get you back to being a happy customer.  You can contact our Financial Services team at 1-866-266-1445 to make arrangements on your balance.
                  What zipcode are your having reception issues in? What device do you have? 

Thanks,
                  PamelaF_VZW
                  Tweet us @vzwsupport

• 6. Re: Good by verizon in 2014.I can't wait.
                    Keeper6234

PamelaF_VZW.  This is not about paying my bill. This is how I have been treated as a loyal Verizon wireless customer for many years. Yes I missed one dam payment. Only one Dam payment that I paid in full when I found out I made an error.   Yes it was my fault. But Verizon treated me like a criminal for missing one DAM PAYMENT. This is more than a lousy late fee charged by version.  It was how I was treated after being a loyal CUSTOMER. When my 2 year plan is up in 2014 I will not renew with Verizon because of the way I was treated for missing only ONE DAM PAYMENT. I am so disappointed how I was treated my wife and I will be switching to sprint when our 2 year agreement is up with Verizon. VERIZON TREATS LOYAL CUSTOMERS LIKE GARBAGE. YOU WANT US TO STAY WITH VERIZON DO SOMETHING TO APPOLIGIZE AND FIX THIS.

• 7. Re: Good by verizon in 2014.I can't wait.
                      Elector

Yeah Verizon is going to apologize and refund your late payment fee. On a mistake you made. I would not wait for that anytime soon.

You made a late payment, big deal. You paid the invoice in full after you received a reminder from Verizon and because you were contacted you want to go to sprint. If you are as mad as you say I would not wait. I would leave now. but the other providers will text you, or call you and even email you if the same thing happens with them.

Good Luck

• 8. Re: Good by verizon in 2014.I can't wait.
                        Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Keeper6234, we certainly appreciate the time that you've spent with VZW and that you've normally been on time. The late fee is applied by an automated system anytime the payment date is missed.  We don't want you to feel as though we think you are a criminal. We understand that everyone makes mistakes and hope that this one issue doesn't cause you to leave VZW. I've seen other carriers suspend service for less than $1. If you're still having issues with your reception, please let us know so that we can further assist.

MarquiaF_VZW
                        Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport