Wi-fi issue after 4.3 update
jslynch78
Enthusiast - Level 1

After updating my phone to 4.3, I keep receiving a message saying that my wi-fi connection is unstable. I never received this message when the phone was running 4.2 Is anyone else having this issue and know how to fix it?

Re: Wi-fi issue after 4.3 update
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I saw it when I just tried connecting to a Starbucks wifi hotspot, but I hadn't "signed" into the hotspot yet. I will have to check my home wifi later to see if I get the same notification.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jp2000

I see the same problem, and I'm 10 feet from access point, had no connection issues with 4.2. Wanted to switch to 3g connection inside the building, fixed that by turning off auto network switch.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi jp2000,

Let's get you connected. Using wifi is a great way to save on your data. Have you tried to delete and readd the network from your phone? Also, have you tried to power your router off and on? Keep us posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Neilwm56
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was also having wifi issues since updating to 4.3. I get the message when turning on my network "Checking the quality of your internet connection." It then fails to connect and the notice is "Network disabled because internet connection is slow."

I found what the problem was, I went to Advanced settings within Wi-Fi and unchecked Auto Network switch. This took care of my issue.

JB01
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having same problem with Galaxy S4.  Tried powering on/off with no effect.  I am not interested in wiping the unit since it worked just fine prior to the update.  Unchecking Auto Network did nothing to improve the situation.

abean
Contributor - Level 1

Same problem here on two different S4's.

0 Likes
wpin

I'm having the same issue. And it seems to be completely random.

0 Likes
abean
Contributor - Level 1

Have to see how my home network reacts; however so far at work, appears I'm maintaining my connection after disabling "Always allow scanning" and "Auto Network Switch" in WiFi -> Advanced.

Screenshot_2013-11-07-12-31-33.png

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi JB01 - Let's make sure you are able to control the way you want to use data! Is this happening on multiple WiFi networks or only at home? We can determine if a reset will be effective by running Safe Mode to see if you are still getting the same messages while connected. Here is a link with instructions: http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/77504/
I look forward to positive results!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport