1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 26, 2013 7:59 AM by Elector RSS

Switching to T-Mobile

SteveMGJ

Verizon Wireless has become far too expensive and there is no way to limit its services for cost containment. The cheapest plan you can have with Verizon Wireless now is $90 for a single smart phone. T-Mobile is only $50 a month. It's a no brainer.

I used to have 5 lines on my account. We have let 2 of them expire after the contract end date. 2 of the others will be finished within a few months. Even a combined plan for 3 lines will be $50 - $60 CHEAPER with T-Mobile - and it includes unlimited data and the Verizon Wireless plan is only 1 GB.

Do you think Verizon Wireless even cares? They don't even have a way to contact them by email anymore.

• 1. Re: Switching to T-Mobile
          Elector

Actually as a customer of T-Mobile your figures are incorrect.

First line of service is $50 and $20 EXTRA for unlimited data w/500Mb of teathering per month.

Second line is $40 and $20 EXTRA for unlimited data w/500Mb of Teathering per month.

Third line is $30 and $20 EXTRA for unlimited data w/500Mb of teathering per month.

There are no subsidized phones so add $650 per line payable either all at once ($1950.00) or payable at lower payments over 24 months each device say ($25x3=$75) But their is tax on each device up front, so lets say at my tax rate in example 8% is $52 each line plus a down payment of say $100 per device, and T-Mobile charges $10 for each SIM card. so lets add this all up. $100+$52+10=$162 each line if you use EIP plan. or $1950+$30+$156 =$2136 due at joining.

But after you pay off everything its around $170 per month for three devices plus taxes and fees. or $225 per month.

Will be more if you add lines 4&5 on the plan. T-Mobile can give you a proper estimate.

Good Luck